IGNORED

Couple problems with my 2017 Yamaha (no longer Royal Star) Venture

Hoping someone else here is lucky enough to have a 3rd Gen Venture who can point me in the right direction....

Like the 2nd Gen motor, the 3rd Gen isn't an issue. The four cylinders in this water cooled puppy run smooth and strong. Been fun getting used to all the extra horsepower though ! And the fuel injection has modes for cruising and "sport". Only sound you hear is the rumble of the engine with absolutely no whine !

Early morning and evening riding when the temps drop it's nice having a electrical system strong enough to provide juice for heated gear....and the lights ! Lights up the night like it was a sunny afternoon !

The audio equipment....it's nice having the wireless intercom/audio system but the sound from the speakers is like sitting in a concert ... sound is loud, crisp and clear even running (well) above the highway speed limt! Better than most home audio systems. Feels like your own private concert - don't know how they found room for all those speakers!

Pretty cool having the lane assist and front/rear warning system. Someone coming up from behind can't miss the lighting on the back but if they do the bike warns me of someone approaching quickly. Bike almost drives itself....and it does !

So....getting to the problem I'm having. With the push for auto-pilot cars, Yamaha incorporated it into the 3rd Gen. Problem I'm having is now I feel like I'm a passenger on my own bike! Question I have is whether or not it is legal for me to sit on the passenger seat listening to the standard equipment satellite radio (with 5 year free subscription to match the 5 year wheel to wheel warranty on the bike) with my laptop tied into the bike's built in high-speed hotspot surfing the Internet and reading my email?

• 2 weeks later...

(Question I have is whether or not it is legal for me to sit on the passenger seat listening to the standard equipment satellite radio (with 5 year free subscription to match the 5 year wheel to wheel warranty on the bike) with my laptop tied into the bike's built in high-speed hotspot surfing the Internet and reading my email?)

Uh...no. Sorry to say you are going to have to pull over and turn off the scoot to use the WIFI Hot Spot feature. It's in the manual....pg 38.

The reason you're getting a signal that you are being approached from the rear, is that there is a Spyder heading in the same direction as you are, and it is only 1 mile away,,,, best thing is to move over before it get too close and has to fly over, and seeing as Yammi forgot to build a canopy on your scoot, it could very well happen that on it's way over it might have a release of who knows what, and cloud your whole day. Maybe a good idea to consider getting yourself a SlingShot, you can get a canopy for those.

Can't wait for the Puc to get to this thread,,,, gonna be a long story!!!:whistling:

• 1 month later...

I did test ride the 2017 at my local dealer and one of the first things I tried was the auto pilot feature. I hit the on button then hopped up into the passenger seat and after a few minutes of getting used to it I crossed my legs over the pilots seat and leaned back,,, Jimi Hendrix blasting from the stereo :guitarist 2: I must have dozed off because next thing I heard was the warning beeper and a guy yelling at me !! I look over and who do I see? JONAS and he's yelling,,, SLOW DOWN !!! YOU'RE ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF ISLAND !!! :yikes: Anti-locks work awesome :happy34:

:doh: Guess I nodded off a bit longer than I thought. WoW that's great gas mileage!

well I picked mine up this morning. Was riding it home seen a switch that said stealth on off. Flipped it on. Had to go to the bathroom real bad stopped at station bailed off and puckered all the way in. I came back out cant find it anywhere that stealth works to good. Any ideas how to find it.:crying:

well I picked mine up this morning. Was riding it home seen a switch that said stealth on off. Flipped it on. Had to go to the bathroom real bad stopped at station bailed off and puckered all the way in. I came back out cant find it anywhere that stealth works to good. Any ideas how to find it.:crying:

Its the 2nd button from the left, center row on the "key" fob.

Just below the optical scanner security ignition switch.

One thing I really like is the low speed gyro auto balance function!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I tried to download a fuel injection MAP to increase the off the line a bit (tires squeals but doesn't smoke) unfortunetly there is a big sticker over the OBD port

WARNING ONLY COMPATABLIE WITH WINDOWS 13 SOFTWARE.

Any one have a newer Lumina 2565 phone with the latest update I can borrow so i can reprogram the dang thing. I tried an IPHONE 8 but its only compatable with the Hondas

• 2 months later...

I personally like the auto start auto stop option. You guys that have seen the new Venture in your local dealers know what I talking about. Then there is the Auto Seat Sterilizer With InterPersonal Evacuator or A$$ WIPE comes in handy when the stealth option is on and the car next to you didn't see you because you weren't there.