IGNORED

What does your forum Name mean or represent?

VanRiver

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a very long and interesting story that took years of creativity.

Actually I used to be TD'sTD on here until I sold my tour deluxe... (creative too huh?)

T..... first letter of first name

Dunc .... First four of my last name...

SORRY I'M BORING. I could actually post this on the boring post and maybe win.

• 8 months later...

While in the US Navy I found that many people would massacre my last name's pronunciation.

My family has a "habit" of calling male members "Cass" (rhymes with the fish, Bass).

So I told folks who mispronounced my name to call me Petty Officer Cass, or later, Chief Cass.

I simply carried it over for screen names and email addresses when I retired.

Simple, eh?

Father of 3 daughter, wife, mother-in-law, my lady Labrador all under one roof. Mother-in-law recently moved out and acquired a very handsome German Shepard the I named "Dude" (fitting right). Still all about my ladies but at least I have one to bring me a ball to throw when I get a little frustrated with the cat fights. -LOL

My name comes from when I was 18. I was Dj'ing at at teen club. We happened to buy a huge load of scrap neon from someone, and during the week, someone put up a red " DANGER " sign over my Dj booth. The kids started calling me Dj Danger. Hard to believe it's been 30 years ago !!! lol

I remember reading this thread. Never replied to it... interesting to see it pop up again.

My name is about what I do. More to the point I take pictures of your bones, and other things, with x- rays. I have been at it for about 30 years now. I hope I never have to see any of you on my table in the future...

In the middle of the night, Don came up with B2dad. The meaning is a tribute to our son, Jason, who is a B2 Bomber pilot in the Air Force. So of course, I am B2mom.

Jason is still a B2 pilot, a LT Colonel, and taking over as squadron commander in June at Whiteman AFB. WE are definitely proud parents.

Patti

The Snyper Comes from the fact that I was a young lad suckered into going into the woods to go snype hunting. Took Gunny sack out there and waited and waited. Finally got a snype.. *GUINEA* :bawling:. Got told I was real SNYPER then lol, the 3:16 Is for John 3:16 (for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son).

I am a big sci-fi fan. When the internet just starting getting hot 1994/95. I was gifted a set of paperback books. These were the Lensman Series by E.E.Smith. I since read and reread them 20 to 30 time the original space opera. Well anyhow my email and screen name started out as "lensman" "gray lensman" or "1stLensman" evidently others had the same affliction as I and revered Doc Smith and choose similar or the same names. Well evidently Ebay had an issue in 99 or so and I was forced to changed my screen name there so as I am residing in Tampa Bay a I added Baylensman to my Ebay handle and left everything else alone. My internet service provider (old dial up account) went belly up, so I had to create a new account with the new angle "Broad band" or cable modem crowd. So i used the Baylensman" handle there, and everyday else, since then I use it when ever possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I Retired in`97 after 20. Loving every minute of my afterlife. There IS life after the sea! Enjoy your reward, sailor!

After 28 years in the Navy, 18 of them at sea, you could say I am an old sea dog. Oh, I'm happily retired, going on 6 weeks now!

• 1 year later...

My forum name is Yama Mama, A friend at work suggested the name and I took it. The joke is it is all wrong. My name is Peggy. So obviously I should have the name "Highway Peg" It would have been perfect, but no I have to take the first name I hear. Dern it! I am just glad my friend did not mention Septic Tank as a name. That would really stink.

Yama Mama

th (2).jpg

As this thread appears to have re-surfaced and it missed it the first time(s) around...

Many Moons ago....I was going by my middle name, Chad, at the time...also in this age, the creation of Beavis and Butthead had occuring, spawn the popularity of the word "chode". My good friends thought it was quite humorous that Chad and Chode sounded similar and I was thus dubbed. There was no point in fighting it, it was to be, so I embraced it. Later on, I joined the USAF and thus, Chode now had rank....thus AmnChode....It has thus been my internet 'handle' for over 20yrs now...

Name some friends call me + college graduation present bought by me to myself, 1973 Corvette that I still have. Had to work two jobs to pay for it.

edit: Sorry, I usually go by leroys73 but for some reason I left it at leroy on here.

Edited by leroy

Pretty simple; retired Journalist and motorcycle rider, confronting Ontario's licence restriction of only five characters, we coined a combo of writing and riding to come up with... WRIDR.

Rgds, WRIDR.

My handle is in reference to the pistol caliber, .40 S&W

I was the proud owner one of the very first Smith & Wesson, M&P Compact pistols chambered in .40sw and that was when I started perusing the shooting/gun related forums. So, luvmy40 was born. The irony is I haven't owned a .40sw caliber pistol for quite some time but I'm stuck with the name cause I'm too lazy to change all my forum accounts!