IGNORED

Baron Pipes Installed, Need Jetting information.

First of all THANKS For the Forum.

Second, NEW to the Royal Star Venture, was a GL1500 Guy for years...

I just added Baron Custom Accessories Oval Bag Slash Pipes (Chrome with Black End Caps) - Yamaha Royal Star Tourer Deluxe and Venture

and I get the INCREDIBLE popping and such when letting off throttle.

and as much as I HATE to do it... I need to rejet. I am decent with a wrench... Ive worked on all my own bikes for a long time, just know NOTHING about this bike (just got it a week ago)

I have the Clymers for it so I can to proper dis and re assemmbely. but I need to know what jets I need to go over to AND before I do... will the popping HURT anything?

(part numbers would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks in advance

Dragon SLayer

(Steve Friesner)

Very unusual to have to reset because of a slip on muffler swap. I would check some other things first. Starting with a good carb sync. You aren't that far from me. If you want to ride over to Oberlin, OH I would be happy to sync them for you.

Oh...and no...the popping isn't going to hurt anything.

Very unusual to have to reset because of a slip on muffler swap. I would check some other things first. Starting with a good carb sync. You aren't that far from me. If you want to ride over to Oberlin, OH I would be happy to sync them for you.

Oh...and no...the popping isn't going to hurt anything.

I LIKE the popcorn machine sound when backing off... i just do not want it to hurt anything....

on a side note... I just got home... stopped at the store... an old guy in a S10 just knocked me and my niece over... scratched the right bag and lid... scuffed the top bag... and when I landed on the left side it did something to the locking mechanism... now my left bag wont open now... its like it broke the assembaly inside or something.... button pushes but nothing happens ... you dont even feel it "working"

Well that sux! Hope neither of you got hurt. Are you sure the bag isnt locked? it will act just as you describe when locked, hope it is something that simple. I am sure others will have more ideas.

Craig

Yeah.. no one was hurt... its all good... Niece was a trooper... gave her the option to get a ride home in the truck... "hell no... I rode here I ride home"

The bag opens now... it tweeked the bracket when I set it down on its left side... Already talked to his insurance company, they are gonna look at it next week. scratches on right bag and lid, tour bag skuffed and left bag tweeked, but nothing seems broken and still rides like a champ....

but BACK to main topic... will it damage the bike if I dont rejet for the new pipes or can I keep the popcorn machine? it reminds me of headers and true duels with glass packs on an old 80chevy pickup... that rumble\snap you get when you back off the throttle...no a BANG like a gun shot or something........

THanks Guys..