IGNORED

Question about trailer size

I've got a trailer by Reese called the Backpacker (see picture). I'm looking for everyone's opinion about the size. Is it too big to tow with my RSV? I understand the need to control tongue weight (spare tire has been removed from tongue) and not to overload the trailer.

I ask because I picked up an almost new car top carrier that I could mount on the trailer frame if I need to reduce the size. Just want to hear from the experts before I go through all the work.

Thanks!

2016-04-17 12.49.01 - Copy.jpg

How wide is it?

I think it is way to big for you to tow. You should bring it up here and I will trade you for a smaller more appropriate sized trailer.:whistling::stirthepot::confused24:

I'll even come down there and pick it up for you and deliver the more appropriate trailer......................

How wide is it?

I think it is way to big for you to tow. You should bring it up here and I will trade you for a smaller more appropriate sized trailer.:whistling::stirthepot::confused24:

I'll even come down there and pick it up for you and deliver the more appropriate trailer......................

LOL :beer: Trying to measure by myself I found it to be about 54 inches across.

The first trailer I bought was one of those. Never towing before I thought it would be to big . After pulling my bunkhouse all over the place I was wrong

I never did tow it. What you need to do is load it up and take it out riding for the day. Maybe a day with some wind. Then you can form your own opinion.

That trailer will hold a heavy load. You will need to watch the weight . Only you can decide if you are comfortable pulling the trailer.

Be safe

:2cents:

It looks big until you compare it to some of the campers people pull all the time.. I think the only issue would be how heavy a load you put in it.. and how that weight is distributed.. Also need to REMEMBER when pulling that it's wider than your bike.. so give yourself room around corners and into parking lots etc.. I personally would have no problem pulling that trailer.. BTW Very nice trailer..