IGNORED

How to lift 97 RSTC with motorcycle jack

I bought the Carbon One lift adapter and stand package for my 02 Venture. Never used it yet. I want to lift my 98 RSTC to do more work on it. However I can't seem to get this lift adapter to fit/LINE up with the center stand holes. How do you all safelybliftvand support the bike to work on it?

Because the shock on the early Royal Stars mounts different Larry's adapter will not work on the early (Pre-Venture) Royal Stars.

The best way is to make some sturdy wooden blocks about 1.5" thick or get some hockey pucks and put them on the lift arms of the jack where they will contact the bike frame, the one on the left front that will be very close to the kickstand will need to be notched out to fit around the side stand switch, if you do not do this you will likely crush the side stand switch.

Larry makes an adapter for the RSTCs. I have one. No problems using it on my bike. Did you get yours from him and not to get you pissed at me but did he know what year bike you have?

I bought one from him for my 02 RSV and tried to use it on the RSTC...

That's where the problem is. We found out almost the same way. Tried to use a RSV stand on my bike only to find that the rear suspension between the two is different. Get the correct stand and it will all become MUCH easier! I'm waiting to see just how much "fun" using the one he built for my RSV trike is going to be!! :scratchchin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...