IGNORED

Bought Carb Rebuild Video by Damon Ferraiuolo

BlueSky

I got Damon's email address from a forum post and emailed him about purchasing his V-Max carb rebuild video. I received it Friday and it is quite comprehensive and professionally made. I haven't watched all of it yet. It's about 1 1/2 hours long. I'm very pleased.

When I ordered it I also ordered the V-Max engine rebuild video and both cost $20. He was a week late putting it in the mail and refunded my $20 when he mailed them without me contacting him before he refunded the price. I'd say that he has to be a very honorable person based on that act.

Anyhow, if you are contemplating rebuilding your carbs, I suggest you buy his video and watch it first to get an idea of what you are getting into. I'm not sure if I am more or less intimidated after watching what I have so far. Maybe I should watch it several times! I pulled the carbs off my ZN700 and cleaned them as best I could without disconnecting them from each other and I have to say, my ZN700 Keihin carbs are very simple compared to these Yamaha Mikunis!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

One thing to note on his carb rebuild video. It is a Vmax carb he is rebuilding and there is some difference between the Vmax and the Venture carbs. On the Vmax, #4 carb has the plastic cover over the coasting diaphragm, while our Ventures have the plastic cover is on our carb #1 . That is due to the way the choke is set between the bikes.

That is one thing I did notice when I went to work on mine. It is an excellent video on the process of tearing down, cleaning and rebuilding the carbs.

Rick F.