IGNORED

Strange issue...

so i have an 07 RSTD. haven't has any problems until yesterday. left for work, rode about 5 miles to the interstate, another 18 miles on the interstate (in fairly decent rain) got off the interstate and the oil and temp light started flashing, the speedometer looked like when you first turn the bike on, and it bogged down very badly, made it about another 3/4 mile, and it just dies. no power to anything. eventually got to work after it dying one more time. spent the night at work, got up the next morning, it started just fine, made it about 1/4 mile, and it did it again, flashing oil and temp light, and it bogged down and died. only dies once before i got on the interstate, rode 18 miles on the interstate no problem, and when i got off, it happened again, only much work. it took about 45 minutes to be able to go 5 miles. it would bog down and die, then wouldnt turn on at all for about 2-3 minutes. this kept happening until i eventually got home. any help would be greatly appreciated. the only thing thats changed recently is i put a new battery in it. the screws for the connections were a little too long, making it a poor connection with the battery, would this cause something like that to happen? thank you for any help.