IGNORED

My rstc

Well, I've finally started bringing my RSTC back to life. Thanks to Brad's hard work at the MD, the carbs are cleaned out and he actually got the darn thing to run! The tank is rusted, a bunch of the rubber tubing is dried out and breaking apart, and who knows what else will be found as this goes on. So now I'm putting together all the stuff the bike needs. At least I won't have to replace the control cables as I did those over 2 years ago when I put risers on it [stainless steel!].

One of the things we checked was the dates on the tires. I knew I'd have to replace them but we found out that the dates went back to before the guy I bought the bike from got it. So here I am looking to see what's out there. It's turning into an interesting exercise. I can find the E3's that are on the bike but some outfits have one but not the other. Motorcycle Superstore only lists one on it's site but lists both on Amazon???? No Venoms at all. In fact just about the only other tire set that I can find so far for the TC is the Pirelli MT66s! Oddly enough, those are on my 650 Custom. Does anyone have them on their TD/TC?? I liked the ride I got on the 650 with them but the RS bikes are definitely different and they may not work as well. FYI Santa Hal put new tires on his RSV at the MD. Just out of curiosity they checked the dates on them. Guess what? His "brand new" tires were 3 years old!

What I'm looking for now are recommendations on an online oem parts supplier so I can order the tubing and other parts I'll need for my big beastie. I'm going to be doing a full fluid change on it [brakes oil etc] and am debating flushing the radiator as I have no idea as to when the coolant was last changed out. The axles will get lubed when we change the tires. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as I'm a rider, not a mechanic :sign67:

It will be interesting to see what this ends up costing.

:mo money:

Take Care,

Brenda H.

OK now I've got another question for you. I'm aware that putting a smaller diameter front tire on the RSV is almost standard practice. But has anyone done it on a RSTD or a TC? The only way I can put Michelin Commanders on the bike is by going to a 130 front instead of a 150. It also looks like I could put Pirelli Night Dragons on it as well. Anybody have those on their bikes?? I've run across a few Dunlop E4s but didn't notice sizes before I caught a post about them being the replacement for the E3s so I'm going to try and track those down again and see what I can find. I've found a few listings for Avon Venoms but they are all "out of stock" in ALL sizes which struck me as being kinda weird.

Again, all help gratefully appreciated!! :biker:

• 3 weeks later...

I got my tires. Decided to go WW on the bike which ought to be quite interesting since it will definitely go with the blue/white paint job. Smaller size on the front, 130/90, so I'll also get to see how that set up works out. Tires are Shinkos, bought from Jake Wilson. I'm very pleased with their service and I made a point of checking the dates since Santa Hal ended up with a set of 3 yr old{!} "new" tires at the spring MD. Dates on these guys are both less than a year old if I'm reading the dates correctly! New spark plugs ordered, DPR7EIX-9, iridiums of course. what next????

OK now I've got another question for you. I'm aware that putting a smaller diameter front tire on the RSV is almost standard practice. But has anyone done it on a RSTD or a TC? The only way I can put Michelin Commanders on the bike is by going to a 130 front instead of a 150. It also looks like I could put Pirelli Night Dragons on it as well. Anybody have those on their bikes?? I've run across a few Dunlop E4s but didn't notice sizes before I caught a post about them being the replacement for the E3s so I'm going to try and track those down again and see what I can find. I've found a few listings for Avon Venoms but they are all "out of stock" in ALL sizes which struck me as being kinda weird.

Again, all help gratefully appreciated!! :biker:

I've been running a 130 on the front of my 05 RSTD for 10 years with no problems. Running a Shinko 777 WWW right now

[h=1][/h]