IGNORED

2016 Ontario Rally - July 21-24, 2016

XV1100SE

Sorry to say ---we will not be going to Ontario Rally this year (bet you didn't see that coming)

A few things that led up to this. Took bike with Phantom -- myself and trailer for test and seemed to be under powered as was hard to get over 80klm. Didn't seem to have any problem last year. Don't know if it was too hot or weight orientated. Tires might be a little under pressured and also had a hard time getting tongue weight under 35lbs.

Another reason is Phantom heard it would be around 40deg humidity so she said I should go by myself but would like to find out what is going on first. Could have something to do with humidity and heat.

She said to say she was sorry again!!!!!

Hopefully I will be bringing it to New York rally again this year.

Then she thought about tenting but was to close to be ready in time( I really don't want to tent if I don't have to)

She suggested to sell trailer and save up a bit and maybe buy a lighter trailer like some others on here which I have no problem with but they are few and far between and I usually don't get "the deal"

Hope every one has a good time and maybe next time!!!!

Like Phil, I have a last minute disappointment. Was looking forward to having my sister and her husband join us at the rally. They recently bought an older Silver Wing and love riding. Just got a call to tell me how disappointed they are that they can't make it as their Wing has a problem and parts had to be ordered.

Sorry to say ---we will not be going to Ontario Rally this year (bet you didn't see that coming)

A few things that led up to this. Took bike with Phantom -- myself and trailer for test and seemed to be under powered as was hard to get over 80klm. Didn't seem to have any problem last year. Don't know if it was too hot or weight orientated. Tires might be a little under pressured and also had a hard time getting tongue weight under 35lbs.

Another reason is Phantom heard it would be around 40deg humidity so she said I should go by myself but would like to find out what is going on first. Could have something to do with humidity and heat.

She said to say she was sorry again!!!!!

Hopefully I will be bringing it to New York rally again this year.

Then she thought about tenting but was to close to be ready in time( I really don't want to tent if I don't have to)

She suggested to sell trailer and save up a bit and maybe buy a lighter trailer like some others on here which I have no problem with but they are few and far between and I usually don't get "the deal"

Hope every one has a good time and maybe next time!!!!

What camper do you have? I have a smaller, light camper trailer I may be willing to trade up for a larger trailer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good evening venture friends. Looks to be an awesome weekend. Don, the plans look to be first class. I have to pass as the heat anticipated this weekend, and I have one of my 4 rinks hobbling along on a 50% capacity refrigeration unit, I need to be close by. Managements responsibility to close services if we have problems , and I'm the lone management near by this weekend.

Have one for Michele and I. Ride safe, eat well, enjoy the company, and not toooo much BS!

Until we ride again, take care.

Just arrived home. Rally was excellent, with each hour better than the one before. What a great finish last night and this morning. Big thanks to our hosts - Carl, Marca, Don and Nancy. Will post some pics soon. Looking forward to pics from others.

Thank you to everyone that attended and a special thank you to Carl (the "birthday boy" during the rally), Marca, and Nancy. With the surveys we received back, everyone had a great weekend and we will be incorporating your suggestions for next year.

Couple pics....

We brought our dog Meeko who by the end of the rally wasn't as white as when we first arrived. Next year he'll have his own name tag.

IMG_1968.jpg

The "gang"...

IMG_1998.jpgIMG_1991.jpgIMG_2000.jpgIMG_2020.jpg

The "birthday boy" and proud ride captain

IMG_2055 - Copy.jpg

Despite a few minor personal set backs this was a great rally and would love to do it again next year. Don, Carl, Nancy and Marca did a great job in putting this together and I totaly enjoyed it. Key here too was that campers and motelers were right close to each other so that we had one big group gathering at night instead of two or three separate ones due to camp sites and motels being in different locations.

Well, 4pm and we just got back home from the Ottawa part of our "northern" trip. We had a wonderful time at the rally and big THANKS to the Hosts for a wonderful time.

Looking forward to next year.

Ed and Connie

Etrider