IGNORED

2016 Ontario Rally - July 21-24, 2016

XV1100SE

Just in case someone misses it in the calendar or the Regional Rally thread....I've scheduled an Ontario Rally for July 21 to 24, 2016.

The site has : a round cottage (can accommodate up to 8 people); 16 motel rooms, 50 to 60 camp sites, RV pull thru sites, 3 RV's that can be rented.... ALL on one site...and a pool !

If you are interested in attending, please call the motel ASAP to book your accommodation. They fill up fast especially for the summer !!! Reservations can be made now by calling the motel and saying you are part of the "Venture Rider group". If you get an answering machine, leave a message and they will call you back.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?115027-Ontario-Rally-July-21-to-24

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=462&day=2016-7-21&redirect=1

Edited by XV1100SE

• 2 weeks later...

Nancy and I will be camping and arriving on Wednesday so people can start rolling in any time on Thursday.

Thursday - late afternoon ride for dinner, large campfire in the evening

Friday - group ride thru scenic areas, GREAT roads ! Will also be directions on sites to see, small towns to wander into for those that want to explore on their own. Group dinner. Large campfire in the evening

Saturday - repeat of Friday (but different roads)

Sunday - group breakfast and then time to head home (or other great places to see in Ontario !

To our American friends....with the Canadian $ so low compared to the green back it's a great time to see Ontario ! While in Ontario, extend your stay and visit Ottawa, Kingston (Thousand Islands), Niagara Falls, and even Toronto. Blue Jays are playing :

Fri. July 22 vs. Seattle

Sat. July 23 vs. Seattle

Sun. July 24 vs. Seattle

Mon. July 25 vs. San Diego

Tues. July 26 vs. San Diego

Wed. July 27 vs. San Diego

To our Canadian members...if you haven't attended one of the International or rallies in the States, time to visit one at home ! Meet members you've chatted with and put a face to the names.

The motel has 16 rooms available, swimming pool, large fire pit... camping at the same location so everyone is together in one spot. Reasonable rates, and bike friendly owners.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I forgot to mention that when I placed my reservation he mentioned that they have expanded the number of sites and the picture that he sent to me was the old one but my site is the same as in picture right by trail. So if anyone wants they should get a picture of the NEW map maybe if available.

Are those train tracks there,, ahh don't worry, never any trains go there anyways!! :whistling:
Nope. Checked with owners and they assured me it was a quiet spot. Had them check your room number for too so I would not have to listen to you snoring either.:680::draming:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don, for a first time ever event it looks like you are having a pretty decent turn out!

If there are any of you out there on the fence about coming, let me assure you this is a great bunch of people that are already signed up and I'm SURE it's going to be a GREAT time!!

Cottage is available for any one interested. Just cancelled cause cant make it.

Hey Abdul

Really sorry to hear you can't make it......but thank you for the heads-up on your cancelation....I was able to book the cottage for the 3 nights and now Cathy is willing to come up and stay.

Hope to see you soon and that everything is well with you.....thanks again.

Tooch.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Was looking forward to seeing you. Hope you are doing well.

Am fine, Don/Saddlebum/Tooch...Just decided to stay home and take care of my little ****zu, who is getting up in age and needs a bit of attention all the time. Glad Tooch took over the cottage and now his Mrs can join him too. Hope you all have a good time, and hopefully will see you all soon. Abdul. :canada:

Bob, when are you heading up? Are you crossing at Niagra? I'm going to cross at Cornwall and spend the night. Depending on traffic, I may take route 2 down past Kingston and then head up to Minden. I'm leaving NH on the 20th.

Well, as of last Tuesday we are going across Wednesday night and staying at Wizard765's house for the night and leaving Thursday AM taking a scenic route away from Toronto. We usually cross at the Peace Bridge into Fort Erie Ont. See Ya at the Rallye (see, I spelled it the Canadian way)!