IGNORED

28 to 32mm carb swap complete

I finally got the time to do the swap, and all that I can say is WOW! If there is only one mod that you can do, do THIS one. I had previously done the Bigfoot mod from the ISRA web forum and didn't realize much of an increase in performance. Basically the mod consists of cutting a hole into the bottom of the airbox to match the hole in the air filter, and some jettsing size increases. Thank you Mr. Lynn Nicholls (aka Pegscraper) for sharing this procedure and carb set-up parameters, with the rest of us. With the larger hole in the airbox and these carbs as the only mods to the bike, I am astounded by the performance increase, with stock mufflers, ignition module, and rear end, no less. I still have the V-Max cams to play with at later date, but I want to do incremental mods and document the changes in performance and gas consumption. Let the fun begin, WOOHOOOOOOOOO!:wow:

• 2 weeks later...

First tank of 90 Octane Non-ethanol gas yielded 40.2 MPG. Stock 28mm carbs and airbox was getting 39 - 40 MPG. Bigfoot modded airbox and carbs got 36 - 38 MPG. I just filled up with 93 Octane Ethanol gas, so I expect mileage to drop a little. Stay tuned...