IGNORED

might be buying 05 rstd

I was on here when I had the 01 rsv.Recently left the forum.Tomorrow I am going to try to trade in my 09 szuki c50 for a 2005 rstd black and red with 39,000 miles on it.Immaculate condition.This would make my 5th royal star.My 01had 89,000 miles which is about half a lifespan for a royal star.Only it was severely abused before i got it,plus i could only get a bonded title.I had the chance to unload it so got rid of it.I actually prefer the rstd 05 style t the venture.The weight of the tourpack and the windsail effect of the fairing bug me.Its a Indian tradein bike.They are asking 4995.I have found a privately owned one for 43,but has more miles.What do ya'll think? I really miss my big star.too bad they are never going to be made again.

Welcome back. Since you're familiar with the Royal Stars you should know what to look for as to any potential problems. As to which of the two you'll be looking at I'd say get the one you'd feel most comfortable owning. There isn't that much of a difference in pricing unless one or the other offers even more of a deal to get it sold. Good luck on which ever one you decide on.

Larry

BTW: I also owned a 01 Volusia prior to getting my 05 RSV. They're good bikes but not in the touring class of ride comfort.

Welcome back. Since you're familiar with the Royal Stars you should know what to look for as to any potential problems. As to which of the two you'll be looking at I'd say get the one you'd feel most comfortable owning. There isn't that much of a difference in pricing unless one or the other offers even more of a deal to get it sold. Good luck on which ever one you decide on.

Larry

BTW: I also owned a 01 Volusia prior to getting my 05 RSV. They're good bikes but not in the touring class of ride comfort.

what you might not know, and what I wish i had known prior to buying the c50 is about the cam chain tensioners and cam chains.Between 35,000 to 50,000 miles the tensioners can not hold tension on the chains because they have lengthened so much due to poor design of chain links and materials.They fly off, motor is ruined,replacement parts are over 1200 bucks.Therefore making it a disposeable motorcycle.The old design 800 would go 100,000 miles.But for the volusia and up it was changed to meet epa requirements.They run great,but who needs a bike that breaks so easily?

I ride an 05 RSTD, and now have 56K on it and will take it anyway, any distance. I love that bike, and you can make it any way that trips your trigger. I'd say trade, and you can't go wrong.

It's very comfortable, and when you take the windshield and sissy bar off, it's great for around town and cruising.

No issues with mine, and keep the regular maintenance up to date.

You know, the usual stuff to look for, but you know all about that.

Good luck,

went to make a deal.Dang it all.My title for the suzuki still hasnt come in the mail.I had the dealer check on its location yesterday.All they could say was the processing part is complete and i should be getting it soon. I found another for $2900,long way from me.60,000 miles.Must have some issues somewhere for that price.I rode 130 miles onetime to look at a goldwing."good condition".It was a piece of crap.You never know.