IGNORED

Interest in having a Canadian 2016 rally ?

XV1100SE

Just wondering how many people would be interested in a three or four day rally in Ontario (probably S.W. Ontario, Muskoka, or Niagara region) in July or August next year.

This of course would be open to all Venture Rider members and would be timed to not conflict with other events. The International is in September so the only events I think we would have to work around are events like Vogel and the WNY rally.

If you would be interested please let me know and if possible which weekend you'd be most interested in.

June 30-July 3 (ties in with Canada and possibly U.S. July 4th)

July 7-10

July 14-17

July 21-24 CONFIRMED

July 28-31 (the Monday August 1st is probably the Civic holiday)

August 4-7

August 11-14 (probably Vogel)

August 18-21

August 25-28 (WNY rally)

If there is enough interest I'll get the wheels turning.

Edited by XV1100SE
updated WNY rally dates

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested...especially if my Canuck friends ( @saddlebum, @stickhandle2, @Semi-retired, @The Tooch, @dogman, ad nauseum, etc.) are coming. Fourth of July is out, though. Planning a two-week trip to Colorado then.

Hey there.......watch that "ad nauseum" stuff, buddy!!

We knew you REALLY meant "ad excitum!" (We say nice things about YOU!)

:-)

Just wondering how many people would be interested in a three or four day rally in Ontario (probably S.W. Ontario, Muskoka, or Niagara region) in July or August next year.

This of course would be open to all Venture Rider members and would be timed to not conflict with other events. The International is in September so the only events I think we would have to work around are events like Vogel and the WNY rally.

If you would be interested please let me know and if possible which weekend you'd be most interested in.

June 30-July 3 (ties in with Canada and possibly U.S. July 4th)

July 7-10

July 14-17

July 21-24

July 28-31 (the Monday August 1st is probably the Civic holiday)

August 4-7

August 11-14 (probably Vogel)

August 18-21

August 25-28 (WNY rally)

If there is enough interest I'll get the wheels turning.

Our only advice is that ALL long weekends are a bear for traffic; the July 1-4 one would be the WORST possible one with half of each country's population crossing the border sometime during the weekend! (Our 2 cents)

Our American friends would need their passport !

THAT......and an extremely good sense of balance AND patience in order to wait in line, sitting on their bikes for an hour or so, waiting to be processed by CBSA. :-)

Any non-long-weekend would be better, and of course, arriving slightly before and departing slightly AFTER the weekend would achieve best "results" at the border.

Good reminder on the passport, btw!