IGNORED

Hey Yammer dan, Still considering a trike?

Motorcycle Mike

Craig, you are gonna love 3 wheeling, I do, especially when the wife rides with me. If I would have been closer, a lot closer I would have been thinking about it. I love my 93, but I know the wife would be more comfortable on a 2nd Gen. When I ride alone I go on my 87, so I have the best of both worlds. Welcome to the tripod club.

Craig, there is a short learning curve to trikes but you will catch on in no time! I'm very confident you will love it!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am the new owner of a Blue Trike, ....................

Very nice looking ride there Craig!!

It won't take you long to get through the learning curve..

Ride safe my friend

Eck

Thanks Eck, Something about trikes always interested me, so I am going to give one a try. If I like it great, if not I will go back to the 06. I took Jonesy's out in NY and that really got me thinking, It was definetly different but I did enjoy it. Guess time will tell.

Craig

Craig, you are gonna love 3 wheeling, I do, especially when the wife rides with me. If I would have been closer, a lot closer I would have been thinking about it. I love my 93, but I know the wife would be more comfortable on a 2nd Gen. When I ride alone I go on my 87, so I have the best of both worlds. Welcome to the tripod club

Thanks Lewis, I am looking forward to riding her home!

Craig

Can anyone with the hannigan kit explain the steps involved in using the aux fuel tank? Do you run the front tank dry then pump it full from the rear tank? Must you pull over to pump it full? Do you pop the front gas cap and watch as it fills as not to over fill? or do you just watch the gauge. Where are all the switches for pump? Must you flip petcock position?

Thanks for any help, Craig

Glad we could be of help to you .

If you need a place to stay for the night when you come to get it we can make room for ya

Well, I am the new owner of a Blue Trike, the front lower is busted thats why it looks funny in the pics, they are replacing it with new. They also put a new front tire on it and changed out all fluids and gave it a safety inspection? It does have the EZ Steer and aux. fuel tank, also full cover. Now to figure out how to pick it up??

Big Thanks to Dave and Robin for going over and checking it out, gotta love this family!!

Craig

Glad we could be of help to you .

If you need a place to stay for the night when you come to get it we can make room for ya

Thanks Dave, Looking at renting a car and getting out there thurs. morning, do paperwork, return car and hop on trike and head east. See how far I can get before dark then look for a room? Mite even be able to make it all the way home. Its a good 7.5 hrs each way, if they speed the paperwork and everything is good on the trike, mite just make it in one day?

Craig

Hey Craig, CONGRATS ON THE NEW SCOOT!!:thumbsup:

I had a gut feeling that one of our family would end up with that one,, SHE IS GORGEOUS!:scared::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool:

Cannot WAIT to see smiling faces and hi-way :photographing:'s,, lots and lots of :photographing:'s, of you out enjoying her!! All the best on your trip to pick her up and your future enjoying the trike!:thumbsup:

Puc

Every time I move too slow I say "There will be a better one come along when you are ready" but that jewel is going to be hard to top. I passed on a nice Gold Wing for awlsome price not long ago. Had salvage title but It didn't concern me. Sure was sharp wasn't it Puc???

Every time I move too slow I say "There will be a better one come along when you are ready" but that jewel is going to be hard to top. I passed on a nice Gold Wing for awlsome price not long ago. Had salvage title but It didn't concern me. Sure was sharp wasn't it Puc???

Yep, she was a dandy Yammer. And then there was the Victory... Those bikes keep falling off your line like walleye escaping from my fishin pole brother! Good thing ya got Silver almost ready to roll!

Yep, she was a dandy Yammer. And then there was the Victory... Those bikes keep falling off your line like walleye escaping from my fishin pole brother! Good thing ya got Silver almost ready to roll!

Almost ready to stick plastic back on if I could figure out that horn.:bang head:

Ok guys, I just got in and I am beat but hear goes my intial thoughts... After first 100miles I was still "sweating" pretty badly, color was just starting to return to my knuckles and I was slowly getting the feeling back in my shoulders and neck, wondering to myself what the hell did I get into?? After 200 miles starting to pass a few cars at 60mph starting to get the feel of the steering, feeling alittle better about "what the hell I got myself into" After 300 miles, I am passing semi's at 70mph, waving with one hand, while fueling from aux tank! Starting to really like this trike! After 400 miles I head into the sunoco station, standing on the seat, nail the front brakes hard, pull a "stoppie" with a half twist and set the back end down rite aside of the pump!!!!! Fuel up, do a couple lock to lock figure 8s while sipping on my frappachino, dont need the "ride like a pro"dvd no more! All kidding aside everything went perfect, I arrived out there at 9:30am, they opened at 10, Ashley the sales girl I was working with met me at the door, took me rite over to check out bike. It looked even better then I imagined, I was very surprised. As they were getting paperwork ready one of there guys took me to Avis to drop of the rental car, great guy, felt like I knew him forever, when we got back ashley took me rite into office, 5mins of paperwork and I was outta there. THey opened the doors, I fired her up in the showroom and rode her rite out. Now I have to figure out how to get this silly grin off my face!

They bike ran perfect, rock solid at 70, no clutch slip and very smooth, it does have the chirp but so does my 06 no biggie. It was a perfect fall day to bring her home.

Thanks to everyone for your help and interest. OH one last thing, I am keeping her!!!!