IGNORED

Week of Firsts :(

Beach Bum

Dang it, dropped the stupid bike last night. Barely moving coming out of the driveway and the bars got too low on the right side and down she went. Thank God for crash bars front and back, it kind of just sat up on them. The good news is that I was able to right the bike on my own without killing myself or dropping it on the other side. It never was a perfect specimen but damn I hate it when that happens.

I dumped mine two weeks after I bought my 06 in June.

Too big of a hurry to get off the bike on the incline at the o.h.door to my shop, so I leaned way over to reach the key pad on the wall and dumped it!

Know how you feel. SUCKS!:bang head:

At least it was a 2nd gen, they only go halfway down.

Even though it was a gentle drop, check the front crash bars to be sure they did not bend, There is a brace for them that will help a lot.

Oh it bent. Right into the foot rest. I flipped out the highway peg and gave it a good push with my foot and it straightened right out. I still haven't had a chance to check it out any further and it was dark when it happened. All I was trying to do was move the bike to a friends garage while I spent a few days cleaning mine out. I'm pretty sure there'll be scratches on the bars and a bent brace or two. At least the fairing fared well.

I'm thinkin I need to sell the bike. It's tainted now.:bawling:

Thems not tainters,, thems well earned beauty marks Beach,, repairable by stickers - tie wraps and super glue!!! The kinda of beauty marks that turn an everyday normal scoot and activity into a best friend full of great memories of going thru life with you!

attachment.php?attachmentid=101866&d=1443741897

DSCN2190.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Went over and "visited" my bike this aft and lo and behold, aside from a couple of dime sized scrapes on the crash bars, she came through the drop unscathed. I think that the brake pedal might be nudged in a bit (can't remember where it was) but other than that, I can't even see a twist in the crash bar mounts. I suppose that I'm somewhat relieved to have the drop behind me, and without witnesses, as I now know what to expect. Still don't think I could push it onto my trailer without help but it's becoming less imposing as time passes. Yay me.