IGNORED

FM51 near Dallas

Guest driscollms

Guest driscollms

Well we don't have may twisties near Dallas. FM 51 is a fun ride. Here is video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6X78zSk7FM]YouTube - Carl KLR FM51[/ame]

Mark

Well we don't have may twisties near Dallas. FM 51 is a fun ride. Here is video:

Mark

We will be out there the week of Thanksgiving in Granbury visiting our daughter and grand-daughter.

We will have to ride FM51 and catch US67 down to San Angelo to visit an Aunt of Bobbie's also.

Guest driscollms
We will be out there the week of Thanksgiving in Granbury visiting our daughter and grand-daughter.

We will have to ride FM51 and catch US67 down to San Angelo to visit an Aunt of Bobbie's also.

That would work. I wouldn't go out of my way, FM51 isn't very long. If you have a chance, take FM4 north, it is a nice road too.

Mark

Guest driscollms
Could you give a guy some more information on where "near" Dallas this road is? I have searched on Google Maps and Mapquest for FM51 and no results were returned.

Sure, it runs south out of Granbury to US67 at near Glen Rose. The road is also know as the "Paluxy Hwy". I have attached a gif of the route. It is about 21 miles long. Good luck.

Also, FM205 is a good road as well.

Mark

• 8 months later...

I would also suggest County Road 1131 off of Hwy 4 between Cleburn and Granbury. CR 1131 breaks off to the left of Hwy 4 about 10 miles west of the Hwy 67 at Cleburn. CR 1131 has lots of elevation changes and sharp curves. When you pass thru a tunnel of trees (about 5 miles after getting onto CR 1131) look for road called Fall Creek Hwy on your left. Fall Creek Hwy will take you into the little town of Action which is just outside of Granbury. Take Hwy 4 into Granbury and enjoy a hambuger at Grumps on 377.

Come on over to the North side of Dallas. North of the Frisco area we have several roads that are better than average for the flatlands. FM 455, 902 and several others. Granted it ain't the Dragon but there are several turns you can drag the boards on if you are so inclined.

Biggest drawback is the sportbike riders know about them also. Nice dayride mapped below with a stop in Tioga (Gene Autry 's Home town) for a Brisket sandwich

• 2 months later...

Followed that video of FM51 and it was perty kewl.

Now, if you get done Kerrville way, ya gotta run the three's. One of them has Cattle Grates (not to thrilled about that) but the other 3's are perty sweet. One of them has nice high speed sweepers but the other has some really tight twisties (I like that).

Lat time I was there, I led some boofa's through the tight twisties. I let them by but it shore took them a while to loose me. There were some nice tight 15mph curves back to back. You can scrape the exhaust on both side and slap that whip antennae on the side of the hill.

I ran with a Gixxer that whole trip. Whole lotta fun.