IGNORED

Seat bracket

Thanks for your reply Rick, but #10 looks like it is for the the passenger seat. (attaches to the fender)

I looked at both the stock and mustang passenger seat and it appears that is what it is for.

And it also appears that those two rubber bumpers is what the back of the seat sits on.

And I called the Yamaha shop/parts and he said that the riders seat is held on by those front allen bolts. Seems hard to believe to me. Right now the back of the drivers seat will go up and down with the front allen bolts in place, not much but some.

This is not all that important, cause sometimes I ride without the allen bolts in at all.

Maybe there will be a RSTD at Pork in the Pines! And I can check it out.

By the way, 4 weeks in the saddle and I have to say thanks for making my seat COMFORTABLE!

As I recall when I had my RSTD the back of the riders seat slid rearward into bracket and the front dropped down for the installation of the two bolts. I have a Mustang RSTD seat set at home that would refresh my memory but won't be home for a couple of weeks. @eusa1 may be able to confirm this attaching method

eagleeye is dead nuts on the mark.

the front seat has to be off to install the rear seat first.

the rear seat hooks under that bracket pushing from front towards rear as vzuden stated and those rubber bumpers just keep it from rattling.