IGNORED

Another exhaust question from a new guy.

Considering slip on's but have never heard any in person,so unsure what brand to buy.I want more of the glass pack on a V-8 sound not loud as drag pipes.Also concerned about backfire or popping,would rather not re-jet.I would like to hear some info on these issues.Found great prices on Amazon of all places for a set from Barons and L.A. Choppers,$330 range.But half of the 5 reviews of L.A. Choppers said they had to reinstall upside down end caps due to being screwed up from factory.The Barons had zero reviews.Thanks for any help.By the way,Amazon has quite a few items for RSV's I was surprized to see.The prices were a lot better than any place else.

Tried a bunch of exhaust system slip-ons. Settled on the superttrap. Tested idle and added discs till there was no difference in rpm from open to closed then reduced by 2 discs to achieve some minimal backpressure. Once it ran right I pulled some of the internal wrap till it had the deep roar and rumble I was looking for. Priceless

Considering slip on's but have never heard any in person,so unsure what brand to buy.I want more of the glass pack on a V-8 sound not loud as drag pipes.Also concerned about backfire or popping,would rather not re-jet.I would like to hear some info on these issues.Found great prices on Amazon of all places for a set from Barons and L.A. Choppers,$330 range.But half of the 5 reviews of L.A. Choppers said they had to reinstall upside down end caps due to being screwed up from factory.The Barons had zero reviews.Thanks for any help.By the way,Amazon has quite a few items for RSV's I was surprized to see.The prices were a lot better than any place else.

I had Baron Nasty Boyz 4-2-4 on my '07 Many people told me they sounded like a small block Chev V-8. I have a used set for sale is you are interested.

Myself and a lot of folks went with RoadKing slip ons. Adds some bite over stock, but not overwelming. Plus you can get a set on ebay for less than 100$. Was looking for Monster ovals before but they are way overpriced and seem to shed their chrome way too easy...they do sound sweet on our bikes though.

I guess the question is it a show and sound game or are you looking to improve performance. Drilling out HD mufflers gives you the look but not the feel and it doesn't give you the required backpressure. To each his own I suppose but I want to outshine other bikes not compare to them

I guess the question is it a show and sound game or are you looking to improve performance. Drilling out HD mufflers gives you the look but not the feel and it doesn't give you the required backpressure. To each his own I suppose but I want to outshine other bikes not compare to them

You do not need to drill out the HD muffs. Simply install them stock with no need for rejetting or any other adjustments. :confused24:

Would you guys say road King pipes are loud enough to be heard by a car on the freeway?

Not by the kids cranking their stereos or listening to earbuds, and not by the old pharts who are deaf...which is why I don't believe loud pipes save lives. Too many people out there simply are not paying attention.

I have pipes that fit my riding personality. And the HD pipes are loud enough for me to enjoy the sounds at idle and on the road. All I have to do is turn down the music a tad and turn up my hearing aids! (grins/kidding).:680:

I'm happy with the performance,I just wanna hear some engine "music". My last bike was an 1800 VTX,so I was at first leary of getting a 1300.This bike turned out to have plenty enough power,I am satisfied for sure.The fit and finish of the RSV exceeds the VTX 1800,also had a VTX 1300 everything was plastic on it.With my RSV I think I have the bike to finish out my riding day's.Turned 60 in June,after 46 years riding,every time out is an extra Blessing.It is still as fun as my 1969 Honda 70 was.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Baron's 4-2-4 exhaust from Gary A.K.A. vzuden and am very happy with them.It reminds me of a V-8 with glass packs.Sounds great pulling from a stop but not overbearing at all when at cruising speeds.Loud enough for me to enjoy,but not gonna piss off people and make them dislike bikes.I care about doing things that put bikes in a bad light.They look good too.Some will disagree but noise doesn't mean you are safe.When I was hit by a car in 1970,if I had no exhaust it would not have prevented it.Just my opinion,don't want to fire anyone up.

I'm not sure what I have, they came with the bike but they are a bit loud at highway speed for my liking. I'm thinking of replacing them with something else. I've attached pictures of them if anyone can give me an idea of what they are or where to look for the manufacturer, I haven't seen any markings on them.

09RSV4.jpg

09RSV5.jpg