IGNORED

International Rally Date Question

Freebird

Would a rally date after schools are back in session prevent you from attending?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would a rally date after schools are back in session prevent you from attending?

• Yes
    • No

Each year it is suggested by some that the date for the International Rally be held at a later time. Primarily in the fall when the temperatures are cooler. I have always resisted because we have a few members who would not be able to attend after schools are back in session. So this is a simple question.

Would having the rally after the schools are back in session prevent you from attending the rally?

Back to school would not be an issue and at that time of year to get to do a ride can be great.

However if the date was to push into the 2nd or 3rd week of October, weather could be an issue, might not be!

:sun1::stickpoke: :cold::snow: :confused24: :canada:

I should add, there have been years I have stored the bike for the season one of those weeks. But there have been a few other years I've made it into late November still riding.

(Now if someone down SOUTH wants to host it and can put us, Frigidly challenged neighbours from the North, up for a couple of months and I can ride down there all winter. That would be the best!) :biker: :scorched:

Edited by The Tooch

Back to school would not be an issue and at that time of year to get to do a ride can be great.

However if the date was to push into the 2nd or 3rd week of October, weather could be an issue, might not be!

:sun1::stickpoke: :cold::snow: :confused24: :canada:

I should add, there have been years I have stored the bike for the season one of those weeks. But there have been a few other years I've made it into late November still riding.

(Now if someone down SOUTH wants to host it and can put us, Frigidly challenged neighbours from the North, up for a couple of months and I can ride down there all winter. That would be the best!) :biker: :scorched:

Keeping in mind our definition of "Yankees" --- "Yankee"; 'Those from North of the Mason-Dixon Line that come to Visit'... "Damn Yankee"; 'Those aforementioned folks who come to Visit, but Don't LEAVE' :rasberry:. But keep in mind, our State Motto: "Mississippi, The Hospitality State". :bighug:

I voted in favor of after school has started. But, let me suggest right after school has started. Like late September. If it gets into October too far, it could effect our northern members due to weather. We're spoiled down here in the south because October and even as late as November is usually the perfect weather for riding, but not for our northern friends.

From where I sit most all of you are yankees. We normally try to schedule our trip on the bike the 2nd week in Oct up to Nc mountains. Last couple years has been hot traveling even then. But I know the ones starting from Way up there say Ohio north might get caught in some bad stuff.

Lodging is always cheaper after Labor Day. Temps are good in most parts of the country. October can be very unpredictable in the northeast. We rode the New England states last September and had great weather, except the last day.

You know most of us Floridians don't have cold weather gear I can ride in 40's but after that my lower extremities are going to fall off

See if you still had the Venture you would have plenty of heat. lol Im good to atleast 40, chaps work well. Fingers are what do me in.

I think that this has been some useful discussion so far. Something else that I suppose should be mentioned is that the date can be good or bad depending upon the location of the rally. I know that when I lived in Texas, September was often one of the hottest months of the year.

I think that this has been some useful discussion so far. Something else that I suppose should be mentioned is that the date can be good or bad depending upon the location of the rally. I know that when I lived in Texas, September was often one of the hottest months of the year.

Gee, and up here in the north, we have been known to get first snow in September.........

Not the norm, but it has happened.

Our average first snow is Oct 28. I'm sure that as you head farther north that date gets earlier.

It's a bit surprising that only 53 people have voted in this poll. Is it because you don't care to attend the rally at all or because it doesn't matter what time of the year it is held. If it doesn't matter, then select no. But please vote. At this rate, it is starting to confirm my message questioning whether or not we should even have it.

Late September/early October has always been my favorite time to ride. In fact Fall is when I hosted a WV event for almost 8 years straight. It never seemed to hurt attendance. In fact one year we had to break into three riding groups because we had nearly 60 bikes. Fall is an awesome time to ride! Especially in the mid-atlantic states.

saturday0001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a school and a rally after school has started may or may not work for me, it would depend both on dates and if there were major facilities projects going on. the closer to the start of the school year the harder it would be to get away.

I'd try my best to make it happen though.

For us campers and people from the North...when the rally is held depends on where it is. If late October us Northerners have to be wary of weather. Camping and evening socializing is impacted by evening/overnight temperatures. Even at the WNY rally this month...later in the evening the temperatures got below 60F.