IGNORED

Russell Seat Comfort

I just sent back my Ultimate Seat, the problem is it sat me and my big butt on top of the gas tank making it very uncomfortable for my manhood.. If I purchase a RDL Seat, will it provide a bigger bucket and set me back from the tank some?? I'm 5'8 and 215 lbs. My bike is a 2005 RSTD with a Butlerized Stock Seat, with a Quick Release Backrest... Any help would be greatly appreciated, i love the bike other than the seating problem...

My wife and I were most unhappy with our original RSTD seat. We would call it a one hour ride seat. After much research and anguish over the cost, we splurged for the Russell Day Long seat. It was over $500 for the drivers seat mod and passengers with 1 1/2" of additional width added. We have never regretted our choice. We put a Venture gas tank on our RSTD which gives us some extra range. We can ride for the entire tank of gas and have no discomfort. That is a first for me and I am 58 years old having ridden motorcycles my entire life since 16 years old.

Wayne,

Russell builds their seats on your stock seat pan, so for the most part you are limited to the distance from the tank to the convergence of the fender. Now Russell will build a taller seat (to give you a "Day Long" seat) which in fact will allow them to move you back further, which should help.

Rick

I just sent back my Ultimate Seat, the problem is it sat me and my big butt on top of the gas tank making it very uncomfortable for my manhood.. If I purchase a RDL Seat, will it provide a bigger bucket and set me back from the tank some?? I'm 5'8 and 215 lbs. My bike is a 2005 RSTD with a Butlerized Stock Seat, with a Quick Release Backrest... Any help would be greatly appreciated, i love the bike other than the seating problem...

+1 on the RDL. When ordered, you take pictures of yourself on the bike where you want to sit. They customize it for you there. And yes, they need your seat pan. Hope you saved your OEM version for them. If not, post up on here to see if anyone else had one they aren't using.

I have about 80k miles on mine. Can ride multiple 1000+ mile days with no butt discomfort.

I have never heard anyone regret getting a Russell. It is, by far, the most comfortable seat made - especially for those of us north of 250 lbs. It is the Iron Butt riders' seat of choice.

RR

The good folks at Russell said they can reposition me back from the tank. (Awesome! ) So I sent the order form and can't wait to get my new seat.. The only problem is, they are backed up until the end of September. (Bummer) I wonder if i'll need to purchase new handle bars now?? If so maybe I need to purchase them now...

• 4 weeks later...