IGNORED

It's a RSV bobber

YamahaLarry

Well on my way to get all parts to the guy that is painting my 99 RSV in HOK voilette candy color for FREE, labor, paint, pinstriping, custom graphics and whatever supplies needed.

I think I have the hardest part done. No way that splitting the front can be as time consuming as removing all the pieces from the tank back, taking photos, baggin and labeling as I go. Really wrestled with that back fender. Oh, and broke my CB antenna stud. But, had already purchased the 13" HD replacements, and Retired Navy Chief Joe pointed me in the right direction to get new cable and mounting stud.

Will try to post a few progress pictures along the way. Paint should start going on in less than 2 weeks from now. Hopefully closer to a week.

All in memory of the late precious Princess Emma Mitchell of Oxford, AL.

11760160_10204355159628246_8917707784709851431_n.jpg

Try #%^*($%##$%&^* followed by %**#$!$()_@!@!

Used those last night trying to get wiring harness out of the rear fender, after the previous owner had tied in 3 lights on the back. Was a mess and may end up getting a new harness, or find a way to neatly extend 4 of the wires. I am removing two of the LED light strips. Just always thought they looked tacky and surely don't want any tackiness with my new paint job.

Edited by YamahaLarry

Yeah, I love the WW tires too. I think they drastically improve the looks of the RSVs that are in the same color range as my bike. I am concerned as how they are going to look on the bike after the change of color. But being an almost old guy, I tend to love the vintage appearances.

I wasn't sure how well I would like them, so went with the lesser expensive Shinko WW tires. Have had Shinko before, and while they performed well, they just didn't last as long as some of the other brands I have owned. Have had these tires for a couple thousand miles and pleased so far.

If you are going to paint the inner fairing the removal of it will make you use a few words that are not heard of yet.

Inner faring. Out. Fun figuring it out. Have to remove cassette, instrument panel and speakers, but I'm calling it as done. Took 2-1/2 hours. First 30 or so was removing front half and windshield. Had to remove running lights before I could pull faring clear. Time for a break.