IGNORED

Talking tires,, guess I what I noticed this weekend..

cowpuc

Spent the weekend playing around Muskegon's Rebel Road/Bike Night. You bunch of lop eared varmints are probably gonna have to wait till fall/winter to read my full report (look at em run for cover Tippy :rotf:) but I gotta post this now...

May sound crazy but one of my FAVORITE tires of all time was the Dunlop E2 - man I loved those tires.. Seems like a long time ago that they (Dunlop) stopped making em:95: Anyway, while Tweeks was hanging out at the bike show, our group meandered over to the Indian/Victory display.. While :178::178:over the new Indian Roadmaster I happen to gaze down and guess what I noticed (see pics). I asked about it and apparently Victory has an exclusive market on and some kind of deal with Dunlop to produce them again!! :big-grin-emoticon:

I havent had time to check out what, or even if, they are purchasable over the counter BUT - I did notice that they are the correct size for the rear (16 inch, 140 - pic is of the 130 16" on the front) of Tweeks!! :thumbsup:

To say the least,, I was SHOCKED!!! Must be someone out there that also agree's that those Elite 2's were AWESOME tires!!:farmer:

FYI, dont know much about the Victory line up (HELP SILVRT) but I think thats a "Gunner"? that my buddy Tom is sitting on - if so THAT is the scoot that stock with the E2's..

DSCN0980.JPG

DSCN0978.JPG

DSCN0976.JPG

DSCN0975.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

I just noticed a cut on the sidewall of my new front tire today. I'm wondering if the bike shop did it when they cut away the shipping info and other tags before mounting it.

Do you suppose it might stretch out and cause trouble? It's about 1/8" at the widest point now.

Does anyone know what I could use to seal it and keep it stable?

I just noticed a cut on the sidewall of my new front tire today. I'm wondering if the bike shop did it when they cut away the shipping info and other tags before mounting it.

Do you suppose it might stretch out and cause trouble? It's about 1/8" at the widest point now.

Does anyone know what I could use to seal it and keep it stable?

:photographing:'s ?

How long has it been mounted Sys? I would take it back to the place that sold it and mounted it asap!! Side wall problems are not repairable and nothing to fool with brother, just not worth the risk..

How long has it been mounted Sys? I would take it back to the place that sold it and mounted it asap!!

It's been a month now. I just doubt if they will do anything for me at the shop. I bought the tire online so I'm guessing the shop will pass the buck. I've got no proof of anything.

Look like nice tires! Tires definitely make a difference. I had one of the early 1977 Yamaha 750's and it came with Bridgestone tires. I drove it from Rogers, Arkansas to Los Angeles, Ca. I got into L.A. at night with a semi in front, a semi in back and a semi on each side. I was boxed in with no place to go when those tires were catching every groove in the road. I thought I was getting a flat on the front. It was quite a hair raising experience. Finally, I got a break and took an exit to check the tires. They were fine, but when I got back I took those tires off and replaced them with Continentals and never had any other handling issues.

Chaplain Dusty

CRUISIN' ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON.....:thumbsup2:

How long has it been mounted Sys? I would take it back to the place that sold it and mounted it asap!! Side wall problems are not repairable and nothing to fool with brother, just not worth the risk..

Here's the photo of the cut I saw the other day. I'm not sure this was the same one I was talking about or not. I didn't really roll it to check the whole tire but I was working on my new footboard mounts and noticed it and took the picture.

What do you think? Would a big vulcaning patch keep it from spreading or are there any other tips?

20150727_164645.jpg

Sys, I have had similar side wall scrapes and successfully ran em all the way to bald. I have also had em like that and ended up tossing the tire.. I always base me judgement on how deep the cut is, that side wall outer rubber tends to be pretty thin and if the cut is deep enough to be able see cords in it - ya really got no choice but to replace it.

Best way to check it is to pull the tire, set it in the sun till its good and warm and fold it so you can see into the cut really well - you see cords get a new tire.. Also, ANY puncture thru the side wall that is leaking air - no matter how small - is just not worth the risk of repair - new tire time IMHO..

By the way, I do agree with ya Sys, that does appear to be like a box cutter slice doesnt it.. I would be :think: my head too and wondering if someone maybe should not have used a box cutter to open their new tire supply..:no-no-no: