IGNORED

Battery replacement

Had to replace the battery in my 07 Goldwing yesterday. Noticed the engine cranking a lot slower and seemed weak. Had a load test done at Advance Auto. Showed battery needed replaced. New gel battery $103.00 Starts like a champ now.

• 1 year later...

Last few times out I have noticed that the starter didn't didn't have the same zip when I hit the button, and the heated seat and grips are intermittent. Battery tender also seemed to taker a long time to get to full charge even after a good ride. Did a load test on the battery. It started at 12.5 volts and dropped to 8 during the load test, and never regained 12 volts until I hooked the tender back up. I guess come spring I will be battery shopping. Hopefully the intermittent comfort package is related to a poor battery

Was battery full charged by a shore tender/charger when you did the load test? I would be closely checking all battery cables/ ground connections. Get a volt meter on the bike and watch it while you ride for a while. I smell something other than the battery being wrong. But by all means if the battery tests bad replace it. Weak batteries put a lot of load on the rest of the charging system as it tries to charge the unchargable soon causing other problem$.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sitting at 14.75 volts at 3000 rpm, Not sure what the service manual say on this but 14.75 should be sufficient to keep a good battery charged. Problem is my battery is poor, and given the time of year I will wait until spring to change it

• 1 month later...