IGNORED

Slip ons for 1997 RSTD... HELP

I Want to put a nice LOUD set of slip-on Pipes to my 1997 RSTD and have NO IDEA where to begin. Seems that all the nice pipes are for Harley models and you need to make a special bracket to put them on a Royal Star Tour Deluxe. SO, does it matter what brand or type of pipe I choose if it is a Harley model? Does anyone have any good suggestions for brackets or alternative modes to attache Harley pipes? Are Crusher pipes good pipes?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

if your '97 is the same as the 2005 and newer RSTD you could use Baron Nasty Boyz 4-2-4. I had them on my '07 and they were loud. There is a removable baffle that you can unpack or vary the amount of packing.

if you have the 4x2s on yours you need to get the ones for that year, because the mount is different. the older royals has a vertical hanger and the newer ones has a hortz. bracket. your can use the Harley mufflers and use a regular muffler clamp or cut the bracket and reweld it back vertical.you'll have to cut the y-pipe off the muffler just in front of the weld to put the slip-on up on the pipes. they are around 1 3/4" od pipes where you cut them, so most mufflers for the Harleys will fit. I think I have a set of Harley muffler up in my attic, but may have some fine scratches on them. if you want them just pay shipping to you. I also have a set if used Sampson fishtail, but they propley need rechromining.

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it! I went to a motorcycle shop and they couldn't even give me an answer. I greatly appreciate the offer on the pipes but could never just accept them without paying you something other than the shipping. I don't know much about pipes and not sure which would sound best. What would you want for either set or both?

Shane

• 2 weeks later...