IGNORED

Pls. Help. My RSTD Wont Run in Third or forth or Fith Gear

Hello All And Pls. Help. My RSTD Wont Run in Third or forth or Fith Gear

I Have A Royal Star Venture Just Bought A 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe.

And I am Having Problems With It.

I Bought it from a Man who got it from a insurance salvage yard.

The Man Talked to The Owner and He Said it was a Great Bike.

But The Bike was at the insurance salvage yard Had Been stolen From the Guy.

And Wrecked Just Broke the Passing Lights and Lower FAIRING COWL one Crash Bar.

But His X Girlfriend Also Took A Hammer to the Fenders Tank and Speedometer.

Broke the Speedometer.

But Now it Wont Run Right. It Runs Great Fast in First and Second But when

I Shift to Third or forth or Fith Gear it is Like I Loose Power.Like Not Getting Fire.

But it Powers On When I Pull in the CLUTCH in any Grar.

But will Not Run When I Let Out The CLUTCH in 3-4-5 Grar No Power to Make It Run.

Does the Speedometer Being Broke Keep It From Running in 3-4-5th Gear?

And Is There any Sensor or Relays or Speed Sensor or Clutch Switch Or Any Other Switchs.

That May need To Be Replaced?

Can Any One HELP Me Out?

• 2 weeks later...

W-Yamaha0.jpgW-Yamaha.jpgW-Yamaha1.jpgW-Yamaha6.jpgW-Yamaha7.jpgW-Yamaha8.jpgI have Reset Flots and used a Quad carburetor synchronizer kit.For syncing My carburetors.

I have Changed out the fuel pump even tryed a Car Elc. Fuel Pump.

But No Change. I Have All The Lights off Replacing and Fixing the Passing Lights and the Blinker Lights.

and have the Broke Speedometer apart trying to get it to work but it is junk i think.

I have touch each of the exhausts at Start Up and all the same temp HOT.

An here some pics of the bike when i got it.

The Guys X Girlfriend Also Took A Hammer to the Fenders Tank and Speedometer.

Broke the Speedometer Took and Knife and Cut all the Seats and Puts so so on.

When i test drive it i rave the motor dump the clutch burn out in first hitting the Rave limiter clutch it hit Second Burn the tire hitting the Rave limiter Again.

Hit The clutch and shift to Third or forth or Fifth Gear and it is like i just let off the Throttle even if i pull the chock out it just Idles..Until i pull the Clutch in then it Raves up.. But Wont Power On in Third or forth or Fifth Gear..

It Pops sometimes in Third or forth or Fifth Gear but not always. But when it slows back down i shift it back to First or Second. Hang The Hell On.... *Grins*

And Also New Tank and fuel filter and Fuel Pump and Lines. And New Fuel....

Thanks all

Edited by pcdocs2

Thanks Kirby

will reset floats again and recheck lines again But everything is new from gas tank to Carbs. and checked the fuel flow at Carbs and was good.

But i will pull the crabs back off and reset the floats and check for kinked fuel line.

Thanks Again....

I see in the pictures that the air filter housing is broken and the air filter is gone. if you are running these bike with out an air filter they will do just what yours is doing. I tried to open my 2008 up so it could breath better and it just fell on it's face. not sure if this is the case but if there is no air filter you might try that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100130[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100135[/ATTACH]I have Reset Flots and used a Quad carburetor synchronizer kit.For syncing My carburetors.

I have Changed out the fuel pump even tryed a Car Elc. Fuel Pump.

But No Change. I Have All The Lights off Replacing and Fixing the Passing Lights and the Blinker Lights.

and have the Broke Speedometer apart trying to get it to work but it is junk i think.

I have touch each of the exhausts at Start Up and all the same temp HOT.

An here some pics of the bike when i got it.

The Guys X Girlfriend Also Took A Hammer to the Fenders Tank and Speedometer.

Broke the Speedometer Took and Knife and Cut all the Seats and Puts so so on.

When i test drive it i rave the motor dump the clutch burn out in first hitting the Rave limiter clutch it hit Second Burn the tire hitting the Rave limiter Again.

Hit The clutch and shift to Third or forth or Fifth Gear and it is like i just let off the Throttle even if i pull the chock out it just Idles..Until i pull the Clutch in then it Raves up.. But Wont Power On in Third or forth or Fifth Gear..

It Pops sometimes in Third or forth or Fifth Gear but not always. But when it slows back down i shift it back to First or Second. Hang The Hell On.... *Grins*

And Also New Tank and fuel filter and Fuel Pump and Lines. And New Fuel....

Thanks all

Have your checked ALL of the Air Inlet passageways, and Be Sure, the Air Filters are clean, ( replace them ) Any chance of a Rats Nest, in Air Intake passageways ??? ( Or plugged for whatever reason ??? )

Possible, a Bad Ignition Coil, is cutting out, at a higher RPM. Coils on these bikes, are known to fail ???

After you get it too the RPM where it cuts out, try to keep it running for some time. Then Shut down, Then Pull All 4 spark plugs.

and let us know if One or more of them, Does Not Look, Correct. If one is Wet, or more highly carboned then the others, then

I would start looking for a problem on that cylinder. (

If this bike has been parked out in the weather for some time, ( ie: the junk yard ) I would suggest you pull the tank, and panels, and start, Opening Up. ALL OF THE ELECTRICAL PLUGS, ON THE ENTIRE BIKE. Clean all the contacts, Inspect all connections for corrosion !!

Start with the Ignition Unit, Its located UNDER the Radiator, and Get Wet down there, front wheel will throw crud up onto the unit.

A Corroded Plug on this unit can cause a lot of problems.

I also suggest a new set of plugs, if you have not already replaced them, INSPECT THE PLUG WIRES FOR DAMAGE FROM THE ACCIDENT!!

They are not replaceable, you have to buy new ignition coils.

I also, suspect Damage Wireing , Somplace due to the accident. Check Every Inch of every electrical wireing cable, and ALL the Plugs !!!