IGNORED

Batwing fairing

I don't know anything about that fairing. However I did buy a fairing from ebay that was for a Road Star. After reading DarrinGT's threads about putting a fairing on his bike I knew I could make it work. The one I got was "Yamaha Roadstar Motorcycle Fairing 2 Speaker Batwing Gelcoat ". Do a search on ebay for "Road Star Fairing". Any of them that come up with "Gelcoat" in the description are from the same place. Very well constructed and easy to work with. You also get 2 windshields. Free and fast shipping. There are at least 3 versions to choose from. Two of them have 2 speakers and one has 4 speakers. You can see mine in my profile picture. Hope this helps.

I have bought 2 of them. Fairly generic. The middle hole for the windshield is off center...finish is ehhh. It will need a good finish sanding and a paint job for sure. I put one on a 2005 RSTD and then one on a 96 RSTC. I had to make my own brackets, and buy a set of Tour Deluxe risers for the 96. It came out looking much better than the 2005. The Tour Deluxe model comes with brackets and slips right on.

ok, i went ahead and bought it, and i have to say so far i'm pretty impressed. all the holes lined up, the only issue was that the stereo cutout was off center, but i had to make it slightly bigger anyway to fit the stereo i bough, so it worked out just fine. mounting was easy, and i've had it at 80 mph so far with no issues. just need to get it painted. i'm waiting on that because i'm going to have the ehole bike done. the whole reason i was able to get it was because a friend hit (and destroyed) my right saddlebag while riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. his insurance gave me some $$$ for a new one... so i went ahead and bought a new saddlebag on ebay instead of going through a dealer... then i bought the fairing... and a venture gas tank... and speakers... and a stereo... the remaining $1000 will go towards painting...

thanks for the feedback!

I have one of these I will sell.

I was going to put on Hybrid I am building, but it will not work with what I am doing to front end.

Never mounted, just as I received it.

$200 plus shipping.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Do you have a picture of the finished product was thinking about changing the fairing in my 06 RSMV and was looking at the batwing also..I want a nice stereo system but the size on old fairing is to small to fit anything...

Do you have a picture of the finished product was thinking about changing the fairing in my 06 RSMV and was looking at the batwing also..I want a nice stereo system but the size on old fairing is to small to fit anything...

You want to replace the OEM RSV fairing? Does your radio not work or whats the deal. Maybe give us a little more info.