IGNORED

First Day of Retirement

dogman

My older brother retired last Fall. Bought a house in Big Pine Key, (In the FL Keys) and I'll be helping him move down in July. He's thrilled about the idea of moving back to the Keys. I was talking to him the other day and he said "This retirement thing is GREAT !!! Congrats on the retirement. Now get out there and make us proud.

I'm happy for ya...and a bit jealous.:fishin:

So when is it you're going back to work??

The first couple of weeks is like holidays, then maybe you can extend it to a vacation,,, but after that??? If you need to keep busy, give me a call.

Looks like you're having fun already,,, what's his name?

Wait...who retired? You or the dog?

And who retires on a Sunday?

And who's flying boat is that behind you?

You are one smart guy.

Sorry to get you all going.

It is my dog that just retired. I start my new job same company on Thursday.

I must say though, it really does feel like I have retired.

The new job I work 8 days in a row and get 6 days off. A week off every other week. It should make for a good riding season.

I'm not bored at all. I have plenty of projects to work on and toys to play with. I did work a contract job last year for 4 1/2 months. Since Oct, I've been working on my projects. My wife is much younger and she is still working. I think she is envious. It's not supposed to be that way. The husband is supposed to be working and the wife is supposed to be having leisure days!! I may work some more contracts or may not.

Retired once about 8 yrs. ago, was able to last almost a year. During that time my new boss (wife) had more assignments than a job.

Went back to work to be able to relax. Now, have worn the boss down enough and most projects done, I gona try retirement again

next April to work on some of my bucket list. First thing is a planned 8 month ride which will include Alaska. She will fly in and out along

the way to spend a week or 2 at a time riding. Well, that's the plan but you know how bosses can get.

Hope everyone has the opportunity to retire and enjoy it, and hopeing those retired don't have a new boss. lol

Been retired for coming up on two years,Best two years I can recall, With that new shift a week off every other week is like being on holidaze. Worked a job like that once and never had to take holidaze. It was like holidaze every second week W. as able to build the holiday bank up nicely. You won't be bored if anything you will be busier

Thanks I'm really looking forward to it, but I will have to get use to working every other weekend, but I will truly get to retire in 2 to 5 years when I feel the timing is right. But for now a week off every other week will easily take me to retirement

I thought i had retired last fall, spent 19 years at my last job, in july i was assaulted and stabbed nearly 20 times, both lungs collapsed, forunately even at 57 i am built like a work horse, only out of commission for 3 weeks, but that job pushed me too hard in their greedful lust of the almighty dollar, i decided to tell them them i was retiring because if i said i quit i would lose my unemployment insurance. I spent my winter building a wrecked Gl1500, went back to work on may 3rd, new job, part to full time if i can handle it, much better pay than the slave owners before. I have to keep myself busy, it would be nice if i had a ton of reserve cash but thats up in the air for now.

But its just for this season, buying a ticket to Australia any day now, always wanted to visit oz, might buy a bike and live off it or a campervan with a trailer. If needed i have at least half a dozen road ready touring bikes i can sell off as well. If i make a permanent stay i will need to sell all 18, its probably too expensive to ship bikes from Alaska to Oz, plus other BS and taxes.

I thought i had retired last fall, spent 19 years at my last job, in july i was assaulted and stabbed nearly 20 times, both lungs collapsed, forunately even at 57 i am built like a work horse, only out of commission for 3 weeks, but that job pushed me too hard in their greedful lust of the almighty dollar, i decided to tell them them i was retiring because if i said i quit i would lose my unemployment insurance. I spent my winter building a wrecked Gl1500, went back to work on may 3rd, new job, part to full time if i can handle it, much better pay than the slave owners before. I have to keep myself busy, it would be nice if i had a ton of reserve cash but thats up in the air for now.

But its just for this season, buying a ticket to Australia any day now, always wanted to visit oz, might buy a bike and live off it or a campervan with a trailer. If needed i have at least half a dozen road ready touring bikes i can sell off as well. If i make a permanent stay i will need to sell all 18, its probably too expensive to ship bikes from Alaska to Oz, plus other BS and taxes.

Silverado, your Australia trip sounds like it will be an adventure to remember. I wish you all the best and hope you are able to live your dream.