Hello fellow riders!

I have an issue I'm hoping to get some help with. I have a '96 RS I purchased for about $2k. Front brake rotors were WARPED!!!! when I picked it up. Thanks to Ebay and an open box policy, I replaced those easily and quickly for just less than $200.

On to my issue: prior to replacing the rotors I saw the brake line expanded quite a bit when pumping up the brakes to use the front brakes. So even though the front brakes worked with full pressure after replacing the rotors I was concerned about the hose's age. I ordered a new hose, number 15 here and replaced the hose. My issue is, since I did that I have NO front brake pressure. I've bled the lines manually by pumping up the handle and cracking the bleeder. Then I bought a vacuum bleeder and used that too. I have no problem getting fluid out of the lines, but NO brake pressure results. I even swapped back to the first hose to see if maybe the new hose is the issue but nope, no change.

Please help!

Tank

Edited by Tank5150
spelling/grammar

Sometimes it helps to cant the wheel so that the caliper being bleed has the bleed screw at the highest point. If the wheel is left straight there can be air trapped yet still pump fluid out. I've even gone so far as to take a caliper off to bleed them on troublesome bikes.

Larry

Could be air trapped in the MC as well. With your bike on the side stand, turn the front wheel all the way to the left so that the MC reservoir is at the top. Make sure you have rags under the handle bar, remove the cover and then slowly squeeze the handle just a little so that the plunger moves. You might find a few wee little bubbles come up in the reservoir. You can also lightly tap the the banjo bolt to help things along as you wiggle the plunger.

I had the same issue, it was resolved by loosening the banjo bolt on the master cylinder and pumping it a few times, so use the banjo bolt than bleed the calipers. Remember to keep a rag around the banjo bolt too keep brake fluid off the paint.