IGNORED

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO POST THIS. my thred on SKID HAS BEEGOING FOR OVER A YEA

HAD A GUY TELL ME THAT IF I WASN'T A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN I WAS WASTING MY TIME THAT GOD DIDN'T HEAR ME. With THE TONE OF VOICE HE USED AND THE WAY HE LOOKED AT ME I CAME REAL CLOSE TO SHOWING HIM HOW MUCH OF THAT LEFT HOOK I HAVE LEFT!!! I had only asked him to put in a word for the Skidmaster. I didn't need him tearing my dreams down and beating me over the head with them. PRAYERS MUST COME FROM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN THAT HAS NO SIN OR GOD DOESN"T HEAR THEM??? Sorry Skid, I was doing my best. Maybe I should have used th left HooK!! I,ve seen the results it gets!! I intend to continue my prayers and requests for praters here til the boss shuts me down. Just wanted a few opinions on it. And since you are here you can add a short prayer for this deamon to be completely gone next time!!! We ask this I God's Name tonight for out friend Jeff Skidmore. AMAN!!!

Little hot when I cranked this one out boss. If anything is wrong with it do what you must but this one comes from the heart. PRAYERS UP!!!

I

Tell ya one thing bro,, if I were fighting for my life against cancer like our friend Skid is I would be HONORED to know you were praying for me. I too have been thinking of our buddy and praying for him on a regular basis but, unlike my friend Dan, I have fallen short in keeping that thread going like you have!! YOU have been a major encouragement to many, let alone the immense encouragement you have been to Jeff..

Sounds to me like the person who spoke to you may have picked a really really inappropriate time and setting to have a "religious" discussion with you - thats a shame.. Concerning whether God hears ALL prayers,, I aint God but I have this gut feeling that He is all knowing and all understanding and if thats the case - he even hears the perverbial tree falling in the forest when no one is around.. He could not be God if he didnt hear your prayers.

Try not to let it get you to far down and damage the spirit that you have been showing in all this Dan. Let people think what they want, focus on the healing power of prayer that we have all witnessed because of your support for your good friend.. I will also add this (something that the person that spoke out of place to you missed). I am aware of a small passage in the Bible that says "there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother".. I bet if you sat down with Skid and asked him if those words have any meaning to him, he would wrap his arm around your shoulder and tell you that because of you being you - he gets it...

With such a diverse group....age, religion, politics, colour, nationality....people have different beliefs, cultures, history. I've always been open to listening to people's beliefs, open to discussions, tolerant and accepting of differences....but you won't catch me telling someone that because they don't agree with my beliefs that they are wrong.

If someone told you that in their view that only "born again Christians" had the ear of God and that He doesn't hear your prayers....then that person should be praying extra for Skid, and anyone else that needs comfort and prayers.

And Dan... don't stop what you are doing.

Dan, Keep doing what your doing as already mentioned. Prayer works, even for the guy that was going to beat the heck out of your left fist with is right jaw.....

(I moved this thread from the watering hole to the inspirational, Motivational, Prayer requests,, etc section)

Probably should move this to religious and inspirational...

PC police and all...

I'm a catholic and have also been taught that God hears all prayers.

This guy sounds like he doesn't have a clue how it's suppose to work...

Prayers up for Skid, and I Hope he has good weather and Grrrreat time at the beach!

The words he used were "You are wasting your time. God does not hear your prayers." I walked away. Not trying to start a religious thing but wish I had followed my instincts and left him praying for relief from the pain in his jaw. It just caught me at the wrong time and really ticked me off. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to grow up. And when I say Prayers Up!!! it means I have taken the time to do this and if he wants to try and stop me its on him!! Prayers Up!!!

First of all, thank you Dan. You have continued to keep the tread alive daily because you obviously believe someone is hearing you. If you did not believe in Him, would you continue such a thread? I doubt it. So you believe He is real or you would be wasting your time. We all was sinners at one time and had to admit that we were and ask God to forgive us for those sins. And believe with our heart that he died for our sins and rose again three days later. God knows us better than anyone else and wants us to believe and accept His salvation. If God doesn't hear sinners then He would never hear us when we come to the point that we decide we need Him in our life. I grew up in church and wasn't saved till later in life just 15 years ago. Do I still make bad choices, yes I do. I am a born again spirit living in a sinful body. For most people that see me would never think I have the serious condition I have. I may look good and look healthy, but I have a very serious cancer that is trying to consume my body. Six years ago when I was diagnosed the first time with cancer that I couldn't have kept myself or my family together without having the peace and comfort in the Lord. The day I went in for surgery I felt the comfort because I knew He was with me. The second time the cancer returned in multiple locations was obviously that this disease wasn't giving up easy. Another major surgery is probably in my future again, but I continue to pray that its God will to take it clear away without surgery. I believe miracles still happen and God still has a plan for me. We just didn't derive from monkeys, God created us and He can fix us.

Now in attempt to get back on the subject, should you be doing more? Probably so. We all should be. I believe we all should be working on becoming more Christ-like and asking the Lord to be our own personal savior. And I hope you have or considering it seriously in the near future. That is between you and the Lord for only you and Him knows what is in your heart. No one else can see your heart. Also try to find it in your heart to pray for the other guy. We don't know his feelings or what he has been through in his life, but pray for his salvation and that he is saved. It's hard to pray for your enemy sometimes, but a necessity if you are taking the high road. Keep up your faith Dan, we all express it in different ways, and I'm a firm believer. Prayer works!

First of all, thank you Dan. You have continued to keep the tread alive daily because you obviously believe someone is hearing you. If you did not believe in Him, would you continue such a thread? I doubt it. So you believe He is real or you would be wasting your time. We all was sinners at one time and had to admit that we were and ask God to forgive us for those sins. And believe with our heart that he died for our sins and rose again three days later. God knows us better than anyone else and wants us to believe and accept His salvation. If God doesn't hear sinners then He would never hear us when we come to the point that we decide we need Him in our life. I grew up in church and wasn't saved till later in life just 15 years ago. Do I still make bad choices, yes I do. I am a born again spirit living in a sinful body. For most people that see me would never think I have the serious condition I have. I may look good and look healthy, but I have a very serious cancer that is trying to consume my body. Six years ago when I was diagnosed the first time with cancer that I couldn't have kept myself or my family together without having the peace and comfort in the Lord. The day I went in for surgery I felt the comfort because I knew He was with me. The second time the cancer returned in multiple locations was obviously that this disease wasn't giving up easy. Another major surgery is probably in my future again, but I continue to pray that its God will to take it clear away without surgery. I believe miracles still happen and God still has a plan for me. We just didn't derive from monkeys, God created us and He can fix us.

Now in attempt to get back on the subject, should you be doing more? Probably so. We all should be. I believe we all should be working on becoming more Christ-like and asking the Lord to be our own personal savior. And I hope you have or considering it seriously in the near future. That is between you and the Lord for only you and Him knows what is in your heart. No one else can see your heart. Also try to find it in your heart to pray for the other guy. We don't know his feelings or what he has been through in his life, but pray for his salvation and that he is saved. It's hard to pray for your enemy sometimes, but a necessity if you are taking the high road. Keep up your faith Dan, we all express it in different ways, and I'm a firm believer. Prayer works!

Absolutely Skid!! Prayer works! I don't always receive the answer I want, but I always am blessed with that which He knows is best for me. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

You did the right thing and walked away from an intolerant a-hole.

Always the right move.

Now it's just a matter of letting it go and moving forward. Don't let him live rent free in your head a second longer.

You can take solace in the fact that he will not move forward in his life nor be able to. He's stuck in swirling vortex that prevents him from seeing anything in the world besides his own shallow and ignorant point of view....those people always whiter and become small and pitiful.

It's just not worth the time or effort to even listen to them....

As the one and only public pagan here, this is my .02 cents. Your prayers are your communication between you and your god of choice. When one of you is ill and requesting prayers I pray to God for you and yours, I don't hate the religion or the bible. You pray and someone hears your request. Who cares the type of person you are walking into that moment of prayer. The bible teaches us the humility is the 1st step. Never seen you not fit that when you post your prayer requests. I know personally how powerful prayer can be. Live your life as you see fit. Ignore the idiots who spout religion as their truth. It's not your truth.

Tricia

Prayers going out to you and your family Skid.

To have people like Dan in your corner is a blessing in itself. I have not met you Dan but you come across as a solid dude that anyone would be proud to call you friend!

I turned away from him and walked away. A very hard thing for me. I even stopped once when that voice in my head asked me " What's the matter you scared??" I can understand now where that thought came from. I believe the book says " Get thee behind me." Not doing what I wanted to was harder than doing it. Maybe I am learning something. I have been shown the power of prayer several times. He made me too proud to be willing to bend my knee to anything. Must have been a reason I just haven't figured out yet.

If God only hears born again Christians how do "The worst sinners and non-born again" become "born again"? This makes no sense.

God hears everyone! God is waiting to hear from everyone. God Loves everyone, not just a select few. The guy is a religious bigot and a fool!

PRAYERS MUST COME FROM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN THAT HAS NO SIN OR GOD DOESN"T HEAR THEM???

Ya know,, I been thinking about this one Dan,, I have read the Bible thru more than once and for the life of me I simply cannot recall anything in there mentioning nuthin about a man (another than Jesus, but he only was cause He is the Messia) or woman ever aquiring sinless perfection.. I have met a LOT of great people on this planet and I gotta tell ya, I aint never met me a perfect one yet (me amoungst the worst), great and nice and all that - heck ya but far from perfect..

Seems like I did read something along the line one time in there that said something like this "if a man says he is perfect and sinless he is lying and the truth is not in him"..

Now let me give you my version of that and aimed at the feller that wronged ya bro,, ah hmmm,, "I can tell your a lying cause your lips is moving":big-grin-emoticon:

Sad bro,, really really sad..

I've thought a lot about this one also. Several times asked myself "When did you become a coward??" because I walked away. This man would not have wanted to meet me a few years ago. I think I have realized that maybe the "Man" had a little something in this one. I talk to him every day but I'm afraid I've been thinking too highly of myself. Without his help could I have walked away? NO! There are probably going to be times when he will expect me to still be "me" but that is not what he wanted out of this one. Walking away this time was right. Nothing I could say to him would have made sense to him because in his opinion I didn't know what I was talking about. Can only hope he reads the book again. AND STAYS AWAY FROM ME!!!

• 1 year later...
I turned away from him and walked away. A very hard thing for me. I even stopped once when that voice in my head asked me " What's the matter you scared??" I can understand now where that thought came from. I believe the book says " Get thee behind me." Not doing what I wanted to was harder than doing it. Maybe I am learning something. I have been shown the power of prayer several times. He made me too proud to be willing to bend my knee to anything. Must have been a reason I just haven't figured out yet.

Which I totally Believe GOD helped you to turn the other cheek, There as been a many trial and tribulations in my life one of which if GOD wasn't with me I think them walls would have closed in on me and drove me insane. Prayers out to you Skid.

Sir, recently I have been checking on your daily posts in regards to Skid, do not stop what you are doing for if you do the enemy wins. In regards to this situation with the person that questioned the effectiveness of your prayers; by your reaction i would say that you sir are becoming more Christ like. When Jesus was threatened with death, as He hung on the cross for you and I He could have called down legends of angels but chose not to so that we would have a chance to become part of His family. In my opinion you are not a coward but you did show the restraint that God would like us to demonstrate to the world. I pray that the Lord will give you His peace in this matter. God bless you.