IGNORED

What makes a Venture? What I'd like to see

I know I'm way late to the party but I just joined. (Seriously considering either a RSV or RSTD.) I owned a '12 Victory Vision for a couple of years. MSRP (which nobody pays) was just over $21k and it had ABS, power windscreen, 6 spd OD tranny, belt drive, modern stereo (including iPod hookup), cruise control, FI, etc. Not only CAN it be done for that price but it HAS been done at that price. Obviously, Yamaha isn't interested in a Barkalounger on wheels at any price. Their loss. Glad there are still older RSVs and RSTDs out there. (Other than the cassette, needing/wanting iPod/USB and ABS, it's pretty much what I'm looking for.) Now, I just have to find one for a steal.

The Vision was my second choice when I was looking for a bike. The big draw back was the lack of 4 cylinders, and I grew up on Yamahas since i was 12 years old. Now the vision is gone. Tried a wing and a beamer, both felt like i was sitting on bike and driving I wasn't "riding" them.

I tried my brother "ultra classic" nice bike but the price tag prevents that from serious consideration.