IGNORED

Ride On Question

Skid

I bought three bottles off eBay since that was the best prices. I would have paid just as for two as I was with three bottles. If I only use two bottles I'll have an extra bottle for later on.

I bought three bottles off eBay since that was the best prices. I would have paid just as for two as I was with three bottles. If I only use two bottles I'll have an extra bottle for later on.

You will be changing back tire before front. Price on E-Bay? I need to get some more.

I am new to the RSV world. I have only been on mine twice this year, still waiting for conditions to improve some. What is Ride On?

Welcome djadam to the group. Ride On is widely use by a lot of members and everyone seems to have had good results with it. Watch the video on the website that Carbon One provided and you see just how fast it seals a hole. Members here has performed that test by drilling holes in their old tires.

I recently replaced a worn out rear tire. I discovered after it was off that it had a nail in it, yet I never lost one pound of air. Yep... the stuff really works. But also showed I need to visually inspect my tires better... not just check air pressure.

My experience is that it only seals a very narrow band of the tire. I acquired a nail in my rear tire shortly after putting a new tire on with 9oz of Ride-On. Of course the nail was outside of the narrow band and had to be repaired with a plug. Don't think that this product provides you with a puncture proof tire. Not sure if I will use it again as it is expensive and has not proven itself to me.

:Venture:

My experience is that it only seals a very narrow band of the tire. I acquired a nail in my rear tire shortly after putting a new tire on with 9oz of Ride-On. Of course the nail was outside of the narrow band and had to be repaired with a plug. Don't think that this product provides you with a puncture proof tire. Not sure if I will use it again as it is expensive and has not proven itself to me.

:Venture:

That has been many people's experience. And adding more than the recommended amount does not increase the coverage area, but may cause balancing problems because the excess Ride-On tends to pool and not redistribute evenly.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/davidji/bike/01-22-13_1253_zpsfc32baf9.jpg

I've been using RO for awhile and have never had a problem with it pooling. As a matter of fact, the last time I change tires I set the old one off to the side in my shop and it took it 2 weeks to pool. If you are not going to ride more regular than that I can see where you might have a problem. But a quick drive of a few miles will distribute it again just like it did when you first put it in.

Well I put the Ride-On in the tires today and took the bike out for a spin. I rode about 15 miles with part of it was on the interstate at speeds above 70 and I may be imagining things, but it felt smoother first time out.

My bikes always feel smoother when I am using RideOn.

Brian

Well I put the Ride-On in the tires today and took the bike out for a spin. I rode about 15 miles with part of it was on the interstate at speeds above 70 and I may be imagining things, but it felt smoother first time out.

Just ordered a couple of bottles of eBay and was wondering if the improved wheel balance claims are correct.

I will be replacing both tires in a few months and will be putting the Ride On in at that time.

My only concern is if using RO is better for initial and retaining tire balance over using wheel weights.

SKID, Let us know what you thing as you get more mileage and run into the varying road conditions on this stuff. Thanks!

I left my wheel weights on as they were, but when I change the tire next time I will removed the weights and go with Ride-On first to see how it does on its own. I was out riding Saturday and on Sunday after using Ride-On I could feel a difference.

That is best way to go. Each tire needs to be balanced. You can use the Ride-on only or balance it and use the Ride-On to fine tune it and prevent punctures. I mount and balance my own. When I can get the stupid bike jacked up!!! Blasted 2nd Gen don't want to cooperate!!

...I mount and balance my own. When I can get the stupid bike jacked up!!! Blasted 2nd Gen don't want to cooperate!!

Bring it up some day and we'll lift her up. I got everything to do it with up here.

The smoother ride is not your imagination. Ride on (and DynaBeads) will give you a smoother ride, until the tire is completely worn out. And that will be long after it "should" have lasted, good balance extends tire life. I won't go without...