IGNORED

Neutral light always on

I have kind of a weird electrical Gremlin going on. I hopped on my 08 tour deluxe to go for a ride today. Snow on the lawn but roads were clear by the afternoon but that's ok the cold doesn't bother me. I started her up and all was good, idling like a kitten ready to turn into a lion at the first crack of the throttle. The neutral light was on, side stand down. I stood the beast up and pulled in the clutch, kicked er in gear and low and behold the big green neutral light stays on. So while idling in gear I put the side stand down and the light goes out. If the side stand is down the light corresponds with the neutral position. If the side stand is up neutral light is always on. I took the side stand switch off and took the cover off and it looks shiny and clean in there. When I switch her upto 5th gear the O/D light comes on and neutral is still on. Any of you fellow 2nd owners run into something like this?:confused24:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by wrenchrob

Hmmmm..... Sidestand up causes Neutral to come on!?!?!?

According to the manuals available here:

The Neutral Switch is a DPST switch - One leg may be shorted to ground which powers the neutral light.

The Sidestand Switch is a SPST switch that goes through a Diode. Maybe a bad Diode.

nswitch,jpg.jpg

Sidestand is 27

27.jpg

Neutral is 66

66.jpg

Please understand that this is just my WAG as I have not had this happen yet. I would whip out the meter and checking using the schematic as located here.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?42357-2nd-Gen-Wiring-Schematics-99-09-RSV

Edited by Du-Rron

Looking at the wiring diagram I am wondering if there is something wrong in the "starting Cut off relay assy" as there is multiple diodes in there. Does anyone know what this looks like and where it is located. I also have a 05 Venture and can switch out components to try and diagnose. Thanks Rob

Looking at the wiring diagram I am wondering if there is something wrong in the "starting Cut off relay assy" as there is multiple diodes in there. Does anyone know what this looks like and where it is located. I also have a 05 Venture and can switch out components to try and diagnose. Thanks Rob

You may have something there. Part #11 Starting Cut Off Relay is located behind center cover behind cyl 1 & 3. Swap it out with your other bike and see what happens.

StarterCurcuitCutoffrelay.jpg