IGNORED

Hi! My name is jj and i am a "royal starcoholic"

Well I admit it...I have fall in love with this bikes.

Back in Dec I bought my first project bike: a 99 RS Venture with 92,000 mi

It came with a rear valve cover oil leak, a gas leak and saddle bags which have been each drilled with three 6in speaker holes (very sad). Also, several cracked covers and no windshild.

I did not come with the trunk nor the back seat.

After pulling most of it apart, fixing the leaks, rebuilding the carbs and calipers and changing fluids and filters I was finally able to start it and hear it roar. And what a roar. I couldn't believe how well it runs and idles (after some of you advise me to set the pilot screws at 2.5 turns).

Now the bike is ready to be transformed into something. I don't know yet what. I won't restore it to its original beauty because it would cost too much money. I think it will become something more like a bubber...we'll see.

But wait that is not all...

Two weeks ago I came a cross a Jewel, and I am sure those of you who like these bikes as much as I am now will agree.

This is not only a jewel, but definitely destiny...I found a 2001 RS Tour Deluxe with only 6600mi and one owner. The bike looks like just came out of the dealer floor. Flawless!!! No Rust! No Scratches!!! Perfect shape...Love at first sight...I couldn't resist. I have to get it. Beauties like this in this conditions and low mileage do not come often...You blame me? And at only $3400 I am sure most of you would have not pass it.

The bike is in stock conditions. No modifies, no additions, which give me plenty of room to personalize it and here is my reason for posting. Other than to brag and share my addiction...haha! I am sure you all understand.

One thing the project bike has is the stock pipes to which it seems they cut the end tips off, leaving the baffles expose and producing an amazing deep and loud sound, which definitely gives it great character.

I want to do that to my new one. Does anyone here seen it, done it, has experience with it? How is it done?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has installed these and if it is worthy or is there a better air system you recommend:

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/baron-custom-stealth-royal-star-9601-p-32211.html

I will post pictures of the progress on the project bike as transformation occurs.

Mean time here is how they look today.

Project bike:

00808_cjPCulZmDeB_600x450.jpgTest.jpgtest1.jpg

And here is my jewel:

2001 YAMAHA RSTD BLACK 6600 mi (15).jpg2001 YAMAHA RSTD BLACK 6600 mi (9).jpg

Thanks for reading and help.

Royal Starcoholic

You had better keep some significant distance between those 2 bikes when they are left alone in the garage.

It is a well known fact that the Yamahas are quick, and can be prolific breeders. Especially when one of them is a real hotty.

You had better keep some significant distance between those 2 bikes when they are left alone in the garage.

It is a well known fact that the Yamahas are quick, and can be prolific breeders. Especially when one of them is a real hotty.

HAHAHA! Thanks for warning. I'll keep it in mind.

Although, if they decide to give me twins I wouldn't mind to be a proud Grandpa!!!