IGNORED

Change to forum software

Freebird

I made a fairly major change to the software this morning. It is not something that affects anything that you see or how it works but affects the coding in a fairly major way. The reason for it was to try and get rid of any database errors and etc. that you were getting from time to time. Some of you may not have any idea what this means but I removed a large piece of code that rewrites URLs and etc. for SEO reporting. It was code that is supposed to improve our search engine rankings. It remains to be seen if it will hurt us in the search engines but the fact is, it was causing some heavy server loads and some database errors due to those loads at times of the day when the SEO program was running. It was also causing some slow server issues during those times. Hopefully this will speed things up again.

I had been meaning to do this for a few weeks but just had to find the time to do it in case it caused a major issue with the site. I appear to have been successful in removing it but I don't know how or if it may have affected any links that you had saved to threads and etc. Hopefully there will be no problems.

Just a heads up though in case you have some saved links that no longer work.

Those of you who are having problems with back bookmarks are using bookmarks from the OLD site. I figured everybody would have them updated by now. You need to clear them out and bookmark what you want now. Articles work fine but if you are using an old bookmark, it won't.

Sorry to hijack this thread...(OK no I'm not) where are the stuck threads that were available for 1st Gens ? There were some of the (archived?) threads that were worth keeping and I remember them all being in a directory or page together, but I can not find them now.

Any help :confused24: