IGNORED

Lay over kill switch 97 RSTD??

Went to start the bike after it was out in a 2 day rain storm and it wouldn't do anything. No clicks, no drawing down of the lights it was as if I wasn't even pushing the start button. Tested the battery, cleaned out the start switch, cleaned the stop switch, tested the solenoid, and checked the main fuse with the same result... nothing. Gently layed the bike over, pulled the kickstand switch cleaned it up, reinstalled it raised the bike up and it fired right up. Restarted it a couple of times and then rode it for about 40 miles and parked it. Went to ride it an hour later and it started doing the same thing. Couldn't get it to start so I left it overnight. Today I crawled under the bike, clipped the kickstand switch wires and twisted them together (figuring it had to be a bad switch) went to fire it over and... nothing. Searched the internet for answers for a couple hours and went back out to double check the kickstand switch wires. This time I gently layed the bike over and the wires were definitely twisted together okay (didn't really touch them.) lifted the bike upright and it fired right over. So I rode a couple miles away to a buddies house, shut down the bike, went to restart it, and... nothing. So I simply gently layed the bike over, lifted it back up, and it fired right over. I have no idea where to go from here.

Check Battery cable connections at battery and at starter. Move gear shift lever up and down while in neutral. Play with clutch lever switch. Then look on page 8-14 of the RSV manual ( I know its not RSTD but it is close enough) available here to start troubleshooting.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/guides-parts-diagrams-etc-/1828-download-owners-service-manuals.html

Edited by Du-Rron