IGNORED

How many of these bikes were produced?

I bet your bike was one of the ones sent back to the factory to correct the issue they found and that is why yours took so long to get to you. It may have been one of the last bikes they corrected and sent back out.

I think Joe’s was the prototype!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet your bike was one of the ones sent back to the factory to correct the issue they found and that is why yours took so long to get to you. It may have been one of the last bikes they corrected and sent back out.

Actually, I don't think that is the case...because 042 would have gone to a Pre-Delivery patron after whatever brought them back to the factory, was redone/repaired...and not to a chap that put down his deposit one month after the program ended. All you folks have production months 2 months after mine...and in the 600's...and yet mine...lol. Who knows...being that it was crated and fresh as the dew...:)

June would have been a slow ramp up in production. By October there were 1100+. So...based on numbers so far, roughly 200 per month. This comes close to their target production of 2500 for the first year. Based on model builds, the 2019 model year will begin production in June of this year.

2019....hmmmm.....wonder what the changes will be. Drastic changes I'm sure....maybe a "Midnight" version? Maybe silver? Ohhhh.....that would be drastic !

June would have been a slow ramp up in production. By October there were 1100+. So...based on numbers so far, roughly 200 per month. This comes close to their target production of 2500 for the first year. Based on model builds, the 2019 model year will begin production in June of this year.

2019....hmmmm.....wonder what the changes will be. Drastic changes I'm sure....maybe a "Midnight" version? Maybe silver? Ohhhh.....that would be drastic !

How about one where all the functions worked BEFORE delivery? I love my SVTC but their release was all botched up.

how about an 1800cc V4 water cooled version. Call it the WRAITH Venture! Also maybe include the V-Boost on it!

How about one where all the functions worked BEFORE delivery? I love my SVTC but their release was all botched up.

how about an 1800cc V4 water cooled version. Call it the WRAITH Venture! Also maybe include the V-Boost on it!

:scared:,,,,, what da heck,,,, I will take one on the chin for all V-4 lovers past, present and future and risk repeating myself in the hope that Mom Yam may be listening here instead of to her faithful Strat riders this time (nothin wrong with the Strats,, they just arent Ventures IMHO):

""""I have been a Yamaha enthusiast for many many years and they have proven to me over and over again that they are TOPS!! Owned a couple early YZ monoshock MX bikes way back and they were AWESOME!! My little RD350 and RD250 (remains still in my basement) were giant killers - proving Yamaha's superiority in R&D!! My 73 XS650 beat across the country with me on its back several times, chopped it and rode it many more miles until sold. Bought a brand new 650 Special, AWESOME "cloned" mini Harley that saw the west too!! My faith in mother Yamaha has been proven 5 times over by my continual riding of the 1st Gen Ventures starting in 1987 until present day with my 83 that has almost 300k on it!! Fact is, folks at Yamaha, I AM READY FOR THE NEXT PHASE!!

All that said, here is my feeble wish list:

1700cc V-4 "V-Max" motor.. Detune it if you must (just like before) but please,, dont do another V-Twin - got enough of em.. You guys can do it,, I KNOW YOU CAN!!

Shaft drive!

EFI with a tunable tuner - even if its an add on - please provide one so we can tune it!!

LED lighting.

Engine guarding and saddle bag guarding.

Adjustable bars like on the first gen.

Factory tank and windshield bags.

Fixed Fairing.

Get the same Doctors who advised you on constructing the seat of the 1st Gens (cant remember what you call those guys) to advise you on this one - my kids, wife and I LOVE what they did!! Keep the seat height difference between the rider and passenger no more than 3 inches (2 is great) - raising the passenger higher causes weight imbalance and makes slow speed riding harder.

Ease of removal of the trunk(s) for changing rear tire.

Center stand.

Forward boards with normal foot pegs located rearward so standing up while riding is still possible, shift and brake levers at both locations (no heal toe please).

Hand warmers.

Key removable rear trunk and bags.

Grease zerks on all main pivot points.

High output stator even though it has LED's.

Double check the gear sets in the tranny and make sure they ramp up solidly.

Oversized clutch to insure NO slippage in high gears with xtra weight.

42 millimeter front fork tubes with progressive springs.

Imbed reflective tape (or use reflective paint) in paint lines (like pin striping) so all profiles of bike light up when grazed by car lights.

Add a large foot onto side stand - tired of bending over to pick up stand plate after parking on loose ground.

Explore which tire sizes are the most common and build around those standards so tire choices and finding them are easy.

Remember those long grips you used on the first gens? Use those, I love bending them back onto my knees.

Enclose the motor well to keep ANY objectional heat off both riders BUT - use lots of venting with plenums to act as heaters when needed.

Windshield it so the rear rider remains in the protective air pocket - functional vents in shield and fairing to adjust air movement if needed (hey,, could be asking for servo operated shield but I dont care for more things to go wrong).

6 speed Over drive tranny.

Use GOOD solder, especially with ECU pins. QC the daylights out of it! DONT go cheap and trust the Chinese!!

Dont short us on wire harness leads so wiring is tight - xtra 1/4 inch really helps!!

Make fairing panels easy to remove but not so they fall off.

Supply printable shop manual disc and printed well written owners manual. Supply GOOD factory tire pressure guage.

Chrome is out for me, I LOVE dull stainless (like the pipes on the "New" V-Max),, matter of fact,, build mine with no rustable chrome and all dull stainless!!

Intercom, CB and radio would be nice.. Keep the tape deck.

OK, if you REALLY are reading this and you like what I am talking,, PLEASE make mine just a little faster in stock form than anyone elses.. Not that I would ever use the extra pazzaazz but I have buddies that I gotta compete with and just KNOWING I have the fastest one would be worth an extra grand to me:big-grin-emoticon:

I KNOW you can do it!! Keep the faith mother Yamaha - I AM!!

Puc""""

2019: The Return Of The Jet Eyed :bikersmilie::15_8_211[1]:

• 3 weeks later...

Build Date Jan/2018

Vin 0141

Grey SVTC

and loving it!!!!

I was just looking at the decoder after I posted this, and it looks like you have to take in account the "Build Date" 8th last digit.

Mine is JA000141

I am wondering if the vin's corresponds (for example NOHAWGS o6/17 #262 ) would his vin be J*000262 or H*000262

H = 2017

J = 2018

Edited by calgaryrider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Build Date Jan/2018

Vin 0141

Grey SVTC

and loving it!!!!

I was just looking at the decoder after I posted this, and it looks like you have to take in account the "Build Date" 8th last digit.

Mine is JA000141

Grey

I am wondering if the vin's corresponds (for example NOHAWGS o6/17 #262 ) would his vin be J*000262 or H*000262

H = 2017

J = 2018

Well I am confused....wife says, "No surprise..."

I placed the order on 6/18/2019,

My sticker date os 07/17

JA000285

Grey SVTC

Looks like mine got pushed to the back of a warehouse...It did have a heavy cover of dust.... How many were returned for the gasket r/r?

I'm guessing the "J" indicated the model year and not the build date....I purchased a "year -old" bike; discovering that it is actually two years old, kinda left a pit in my stomach....so I went for a couple more rides til I got over it...

Edited by GreenMtnHunter
color-Grey