IGNORED

A few pics of the finished product. My first time out in newly repainted 99 RSV....

YamahaLarry

As many of you know, I do a lot of work for childhood cancer and I have been working hard over the past several weeks repainting my bike, dedicated to primarily to 2 children that lost their lives to childhood cancer. I was close to both of them, but really close to Princess Emma Mitchell of Oxford, AL. Close enough that I was with the family when she passed away and that they considered me family and was asked to be 1 of 4 pall bearers at her funeral. The other being a little boy, Thomas J. Sullivan, aka Superman, from Ashville, AL. I led the bike ride that we had for his 35 mile funeral procession that consisted of 6 law enforcement vehicles leading the procession, followed by 36 motorcycles, a firetruck with Thomas's casket on top (he was given a fireman's funeral), then followed by many family vehicles, which was followed by 19 more first responder vehicles and then then everyone else. The entire procession of vehicles was close to 5 miles long. Perhaps the greatest thing I have ever witnessed or taken a part.

Anyhow, the bike is purple for Emma. I made it a goal after her passing to paint my bike and dedicate it to her in time for the 2nd Annual ride for Princess Emma. Her favorite colors were pink and purple, so I chose a color in between, but closer to the purple side. The memorial to Emma on the trunk is panted the same color as the gold in the pinstripe and is under 3 coats of clear.

The pinstripes are Superman colors for Thomas J, with the exception that I changed the yellow to gold to represent childhood cancer.

The bike colors are HOK. First coat is silver sealer, then a couple coats of BC02 Orion Silver. Then it was masked for the two tone and 2 coats of BC10 Pavo Purple applied. Next was 4 coats of UK22 Voodoo Violet Kandy and 3 coats of clear. Then the striping and the memorial to Emma and then 2 more coats of clear. The striping colors were selected from 2011 Ford colors.

On the hood (front cowling) we ghosted in the Justice League. This is a representation of what these children mean to me. They are my super heroes, every one of them that have battled or currently battling childhood cancer. By design, this image is not visible unless the light hits it just right and you are standing close to the bike. I wanted it this way, to give me the opportunity to explain what super heroes now mean to me.

I worked with the painter hand in hand. We have about 300 total hours in this entire process. The pinstripes alone we have over 20 hours. We had to hand mask each stripe to paint them due to the masking I purchased from Finesse does not handle tight radii like on the tank, front cowling and saddle bags.

I love my bike, and I love even more what it now represents. I now consider it a great honor to get behind those handle bars and hit the highway.

I am just gonna upload these images, in no particular order. I hope you like it as much as I do.

20150823_105955.jpg

11892053_984335128255032_2759586096207899826_n.jpg

10410248_10204501593048990_5534815952457567763_n.jpg

11896033_10204501593208994_7408627733615820851_n.jpg

20150823_110039.jpg

20150823_110023.jpg

20150823_110055.jpg

20150823_105934.jpg

11892083_10205066758564142_5635494240049424943_n.jpg

This is me talking with little Emma's best friend Caroline. We were talking about the memorial to Emma and how much we both loved her. I was asking her if she thought Emma would like the colors and she simply said yes. We were both on the brink of tears.

11201494_984335301588348_5320711838433440140_n.jpg

Edited by YamahaLarry

WOW Larry - what a great tribute to such a special young lady my friend:clap2:!! BEAUTIFUL piece of work!!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for including us the updated version - THAT is greatly appreciated!!

I am 100% in agreement with that little girl who replied a simple "yes",, I am sure Princess Emma would have LOVED the colors - they are GORGEOUS!!:thumbsup:

WOW Larry - what a great tribute to such a special young lady my friend:clap2:!! BEAUTIFUL piece of work!!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for including us the updated version - THAT is greatly appreciated!!

I am 100% in agreement with that little girl who replied a simple "yes",, I am sure Princess Emma would have LOVED the colors - they are GORGEOUS!!:thumbsup:

:sign yeah that: Could not say it any better.

Nice job,who ever did it has talent. Would like to do something like that in memory of my wife.She died 5 years ago this month because of breast cancer.So far only have pink ribbon guardian bell.Wish there was a pink flag,need to look.Or a Black flag to show how I despise the cancer industry.I can not get started here.Oh I want to.

Nice job,who ever did it has talent. Would like to do something like that in memory of my wife.She died 5 years ago this month because of breast cancer.So far only have pink ribbon guardian bell.Wish there was a pink flag,need to look.Or a Black flag to show how I despise the cancer industry.I can not get started here.Oh I want to.

Yes, the guy I used is very good. The concept of the Justice League (and really then entire color scheme) was my idea, and I explained to him that I did not want it visible from a distance, and that someone would have to be right upon the bike in the correct lighting for it to be visible, and he made it happen. I found the image that I wanted and cut the vinyl template myself, and after the base coat was applied and had reasonable amount of time to flash, I placed it where I needed it and he did his thing with the paint gun.

I watched him do most of this, but no way I could do it. These guys keep talking about mixes, air pressures, etc. Way over my head.

Sorry to hear about your wife, and if I can do anything to help you, I will do anything I can. (such as supply any templates or whatever).

Thanks so much for the kind words!!! And really, that goes to all you guys (and gals) here. I appreciate it a lot.

Fantastic! i have my Mustang in the shop now and can appreciate all the hard work that painter put into making it look smooth as glass. What a beautiful tribute.

We still have to buff it, and may do it this weekend. So, that means I have to do some minor disassemble :crying:

As for the work, I have done cars as well, and honestly, I think I would maybe rather prep a car (depends on the car). Not as many tight places and most can be done with a DA sander. But, if you do a car right and block the entire body, that can take a lot of time.

Thanks for the comments, and my tribute is much heart felt. I loved Emma more than words can describe, and don't mind admitting that even though she has been gone for almost a year now, I still cry when talking about her. All of these kids that have fought, and are fighting childhood cancer have my heart.

John, is this what you are looking for?

http://www.thepropad.com/pink-ribbon-motorcycle-flag/

david

Absolutely BEE-YOUU-TEE-FUL !!!

Curious to know what the value of the paint job is ... excluding the re&re and prep work.

All the paint was House of Kolor, except for pinstripes and tribute to Princess Emma. Those were 2011 Ford colors.

HOK:

Silver Sealer

BC02 Orion Silver

BC10 Pavo Purple (these 2 basecoats were what I used to give it a two tone effect)

UK22 Voodoo Violet Kandy

SG100 Intercoat Klear

USC01 Show Klear

The ghosted Justice League is the Pavo Purple, lightly misted on top of the Orion Silver.

Absolutely BEE-YOUU-TEE-FUL !!!

Curious to know what the value of the paint job is ... excluding the re&re and prep work.

Due to my involvement with charitits and childhood cancer, it was free to me. The paint reps cost on the paint qas $670.00. That does not include the primer, sand paper, masking products or paint we mixed for the stripes.

If I were to put a value on just the painting, the guy was in the booth for 10 to 12 hours, so probably around 1k just for labor in setting parts in the booth and spraying.

Deep condolences to you and all your family upon reading this @Saddle tramp.. Prayers Up and Blessings Down as you seek the perfect way to memorialize the loss of your loved one!!

Sorry for the hi-jack Larry..