IGNORED

uhalling bike

rbig1

Had the crank sensor problem myself. Seems the little bolt loosened every so slightly then a peice of sticky paper from the new radiator hose rode the belt around and stuck to the sensor and lifted it up every so slightly so i had intermittent contact.

It appears that the"'ecm" only uses the sensor for start up! However it check it every so many cycles so you get a weird error code if the sensor is in its up position ( away from the pulley). The "ecm" check fuel pump relay, crank sensor and one other if any of the three is out it wont start, and it disables the other two so if the crank sensors shows bad at start up the fuel pump relay is locked out so your testing can show fuel problems

however when you hit the brakes to park the sensor can drop back down and then it will restart after sitting if you do a coast in it may not "fall" down until the next time you slam the hood. It took three back yard mechanics with sensors and code boxes over a month to find it

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never owned anything new either, I consider any maintenance to be my car payment or bike payment that I have to pay once in a while. Upside to that is nobody is going to come reposess my vehicles!! If I can't afford the part. I once financed a car when I was 20 it ended up getting reposessed shortly after I had to put it in the shop due to the fact Needed alot of special tools to do what needed done so not only was I out the $700 I put down on the car and payments but out the 300 it cost to be fixed!!!

This is a shake down cruise for the truck. Grin and bear it is my recommendation. For those of us who can't afford new everything, we have to fix stuff occasionally. It's not all bad. Like someone else said, I couldn't afford two new cars, new truck, two new motorcycles, and a new boat. My wife has the bought new 2013 Infiniti. I have a 12 year old car, a 15 year old truck. two motorcycles that are 28 and 32 years old, and a boat that is 19 years old. I'm happy with my old stuff for the most part, certainly happy enough that I don't intend to replace it with new stuff no more than I use them.

:sign yeah that:

well been raining most of today and tomorrow. Couldnt get a good pic of superstition mountain rain and haze. been running around in car with family this rain will stop tomorrow. haven't got any thing new problem wise. spent the day at laundry mat and restaurant. Hopped on chat a few times but you all seem to be hiding.:250:

Rodney,

I'm in Phoenix this week. Have to take VStar 950 Tourer back to Green Valley on Tuesday. Then riding 89 Venture back up to midtown Phoenix on Thursday. Trying to meet with @VanRiver who is here this week as well. Probably a lunch ride Friday or Saturday.

So let's get together...!

My contact info is on site here.

David

P.S. will probably take rt 60 to Tucson Tuesday around noon time. Plan on leaving phx around 11am.. Heading out to rt 60.. East past Superstitions..... May come back same way... On 89 Venture.

Hey you westerners I said you guys could keep your rain!! Got up this morning sun shinning and its pouring rain. That's ok I adding more stuff because I knew it was gonna rain. Hope you get some good days in Rod, I guess ill pull the canoe out.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Frozen folks who are trying to share their snow.... So Rodney is the last picture the house your staying in?

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

:sign yeah that: It looks Zombie proof if nothing else.:yikes: