IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

:fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo
170 mile day. Only caught the attention of one County Sherif while excelerating up to speed limit out of a turn onto a new highway. He heard me do it but I saw him decelerating for a left turn as I zipped by. Watched my mirror for two miles and didn't see him u-turn. 3 more miles and he shows up in my mirror! I was cruising along politely at 60 MPH and he got right up on me then backed off to follow me for 8 more miles. That sucker had to be FLYING to catch up to me! He got to have some fun at extremely high speed while I was stuck at 60! Just seems wrong...

Loud pipes don't always attract the attention you like!

Only a little buzzed from exhaust fumes at the time. Wish I could find that leak.

Sure gonna miss Yammer Dan's advice.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I should probably mention that I cut the PVC spacers in the top of my Forks to 5/8 of an inch which isn't enough preload. Wants the top out with minimal provocation. I'll cut some an inch long and try them after today. I ran with no air in the forks and today I'm running with 11 lb. She handled it better than she's ever ridden before with none of the swim action and very stable through curves that used to wobble at 60- 75 miles an hour. 1 Interstate exit particularly where you get off at 80 miles an hour and curve up to the intersection and it would want to swim on me there as I lean through that curve and then decelerated. It's a very long curve and exit.

I haven't decided whether today's trip will take me North through the less Hills in Iowa towards Sioux City or down into northwest corner of Missouri around Tarkio and north of St Jo. Both are pretty rides but Missouri's about 60 miles of flat Missouri River Valley on Interstate 29 till I get to the pretty part in the Hills that start in Northwest Missouri.

But first I have to walk the little dog who's been pouting for about two hours while I putts around with my bike in the garage. He hates any attention I give to motorcycles telephones and tablets!

ebd6ca4e03dfd7f8bf946542604aa057.jpg

Edited by s.tyler58

I started the preparations for putting my '88 up for sale.

Put in the new battery, it took 3 cycles to fill the float bowels, started on the first revolution of the engine, Ran a bit rough for the first minute or 2 and smoothed right out as all of the storage oil and stuff worked its way out.

Then I started sanding down the one blue side bag cover to paint it to match the rest of the bike. Once that is done a good wash and wax and it will be ready to list for sale. Some one will get a good ready to go bike with a lot of custom features that were never offered for sale.

I started the preparations for putting my '88 up for sale.

Put in the new battery, it took 3 cycles to fill the float bowels, started on the first revolution of the engine, Ran a bit rough for the first minute or 2 and smoothed right out as all of the storage oil and stuff worked its way out.

Then I started sanding down the one blue side bag cover to paint it to match the rest of the bike. Once that is done a good wash and wax and it will be ready to list for sale. Some one will get a good ready to go bike with a lot of custom features that were never offered for sale.

Even got an idea of what you will be asking for her?

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

I was thinking of starting at 2-2.5K and see where it goes from there. I decide when I see how good it looks once it is all cleaned up.

Dang was I tempted to try to take it out for a spin today..................

Well get high tops if you do.. I finally did and makes a world of difference I will say that.

Went for 3 hour ride to swap meet i Fort Erie(Can.) then back after a few hours. Bought a new Gel battery then visited MarCarl on way home. Went to work next night and mysteriously my driving light started turning until it pointed into left ditch. Got home in morning and took it apart and tightened it up again. Can't figure out why it would come loose unless someone bumped it at meet or work.

I should probably mention that I cut the PVC spacers in the top of my Forks to 5/8 of an inch which isn't enough preload. Wants the top out with minimal provocation. I'll cut some an inch long and try them after today. I ran with no air in the forks and today I'm running with 11 lb. She handled it better than she's ever ridden before with none of the swim action and very stable through curves that used to wobble at 60- 75 miles an hour. 1 Interstate exit particularly where you get off at 80 miles an hour and curve up to the intersection and it would want to swim on me there as I lean through that curve and then decelerated. It's a very long curve and exit.

I haven't decided whether today's trip will take me North through the less Hills in Iowa towards Sioux City or down into northwest corner of Missouri around Tarkio and north of St Jo. Both are pretty rides but Missouri's about 60 miles of flat Missouri River Valley on Interstate 29 till I get to the pretty part in the Hills that start in Northwest Missouri.

But first I have to walk the little dog who's been pouting for about two hours while I putts around with my bike in the garage. He hates any attention I give to motorcycles telephones and tablets!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/ebd6ca4e03dfd7f8bf946542604aa057.jpg

How far from Sioux City are you? I'm only about a half hour and have never spent any time in the Loess Hills if that's how it's spelled

How far from Sioux City are you? I'm only about a half hour and have never spent any time in the Loess Hills if that's how it's spelled
Omaha's a couple of hours down the road on I29.

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/byways/byways/2187/maps

http://www.visitloesshills.org/

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

I should've just looked at your profile info on the right of the screen! I'd love to meet up sometime maybe go for a ride and get some grub! I GOTTA see this 83 you've been dumping love and cuss words into!!!
And money! She's an ugly old gal but she's MY ugly old gal. Let's just say if 10 of them were lined up at the curb and 10 thieves happened to come by, one of the thieves would walk home.

I would love to meet up. Today I'm going to accept a sales position at Village Pointe Toyota so my ride time is going to be somewhat Limited. But I would love to take one of those days and meet somewhere. I will have Sundays off.

Today my goal is to get the spacers in the top of my Forks replace and I have to find out which one of the black drain hoses came off. It was hanging down a foot when I finished my 270 mile ride last Sunday. I tugged on it and pulled out about 3.5' . Makes me think it had to be either the overflow tube from the throat of the fuel tank or the battery breather tube which doesn't connect to any battery anyway. Last night I went for a little ride and smelled anti-freeze although I can't see a leak anywhere. ( since the drain tube from the Overflow bottle is a clear tube I know that that wasn't the one that came out) I also had oil under the cover where the clutch slave is but after my weekend riding it's dry down there and never has dripped enough to make a spot on ground but my kickstand switch has sent some signals while on the highway so I need to clean that up. I have been working on that thing since March really hard and I've managed to get one almost 500-mile weekend out of her.

Edited by s.tyler58

Racked up 530 miles getting up here into Pennsylvania to see my old Navy buddy. It’s a “Chief” thing!

Went riding in Amish country and stopped to take a pic in a Federal Wildlife Reserve. Today is ALL DAY in the saddle as we head up to ride in the Pocono Mountains near the ski resorts. I’ll send pics later.

BTW, he’s a Harley rider that I let ride my SVTC, now HE WANTS ONE! Figure that eh?! LOL!

Racked up 530 miles getting up here into Pennsylvania to see my old Navy buddy. It’s a “Chief” thing!

Went riding in Amish country and stopped to take a pic in a Federal Wildlife Reserve. Today is ALL DAY in the saddle as we head up to ride in the Pocono Mountains near the ski resorts. I’ll send pics later.

BTW, he’s a Harley rider that I let ride my SVTC, now HE WANTS ONE! Figure that eh?! LOL!

Just looking at the two side by side makes me like the SVTC even more. Puts that bat wing to shame!

I hear ya! I smoked him in the straights AND he couldn’t keep up in the corners either. WHY do people buy Harley’s??
Good to know our bikes are still putting other bikes to shame!!!

After seeing the picture of the Pocono ride, I'm jealous!

All I did today was check tire pressures, replaced clutch fluid and front brake fluid. Boring.....

Just got my SVTC Dec 29th. Will have over 7k miles on her by the time I get home!

Dont care how or where you go, JUST RIDE!!

Someone requested pictures of my "what I did to my RSV today". It was not today but over several days, like a month ago as I was on my way to The Moonshine Lunch Run. Now I have pics so I'll post before I leave for Key West in the morning. What I did was add a tach, rear light bar, Moto Lights on the forks, Denali driving lights, GPS, auxiliary fuel tank, Two sets of Show Chrome switches on the bars for the Moto Lights, Yamaha passing lights with Truck Lite replacements, and Denali lights. I want to see and be seen. I had swapped out the stock shield for a Clearview last year. I had the front 1 inch using Race Tech and Barons on the rear. Top racks for the side cases were added a month earlier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112538[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112539[/ATTACH]RSV auxiliary tank.jpg RSV auxiliary fuel line.jpgRSV auxilary fuel line T.jpg RSV dash.jpgRSV dash2.jpg

I got my 89 VR out of its winter parking spot and started it up. It fired right off as I store my bike with a full tank of non-ethanol gas and seafoam added at the fillup so it mixes into the cards as I ride it home. Changed the oil and filter before running out of time to give it a bath.

I am so looking forward to riding it this season.

Rick F.

I got my 89 VR out of its winter parking spot and started it up. It fired right off as I store my bike with a full tank of non-ethanol gas and seafoam added at the fillup so it mixes into the cards as I ride it home. Changed the oil and filter before running out of time to give it a bath.

I am so looking forward to riding it this season.

Rick F.

I'd love to see some pics of that 89!

@leroy,you give me some info about how you mounted those little lights down by the fork tubes?

P.S. like the aux fuel!!

TIA

david

Thanks,

Those are Moto Lights on the forks, http://motolight.com. Not cheap but I like them. They come with the mounting hardware. These are caliper mounted. I went with the LED because of less current draw. I that is all you are adding and want more distance, go with the narrower beam. I added the yellow tint, give them sort of a greenish glow.