IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Thanks for that Bongo but by the time you posted it I had already fixed the issue referred to the shop manual and there was a picture of its exact location anyways it was a stretched plug. then found another issue on one of my coil wire plugs there was one stripped and frayed wire dissambled the plug repair it put the prongs back in and away I went for a nice little ride. Now fixing to go for another.:biker::biker::cool10::680:

I moved the aux plug from the cassette to below the dash. Now I don't have the door open to have my XM plugged in to the aux. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/9f6121f11e49513b17b0b278b979ec11.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/b4bf6c9c444c0ce9fc5ce9a07bc0b01c.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/1e4580d25c407c8ad2ef580104599cef.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/e7a258a55eb0fae496b7397db88876dd.jpg

Edited by Skid

I put some air in the front tire.

Not very exciting and yet....

Recently re-packed the head bearings, changed the fork oil and put a new tire on the front. After a week of commuting it still didn't feel right so loosened everything, shook it up then retightened. Phhhht, after another few days of riding it still not feel right. Finally thought to check the tire pressure and don't you know it was zero lbs. Figured the gauge was broken so dug up another one and still zero lbs. Finally it dawned on me that perhaps the tire needed some air. :doh: :confused07:

Can't believe it took two weeks to notice the tire was soft. Stupid E 3's don't go flat with zero lbs pressure. Just get a bit tough to steer. I guess that is a good thing, certainly felt like a new bike on my way to work tonight.

Still shaking my head over this.

I figured it was time to replace the tires on Babe (the blue ox). My old set of Dunlop E3's ran for 16,250 miles, and still had plenty of usable tread left. I would have let them go until cold storage time, if it wasn't for the howling on the slightest lean. New Dunlop E3's are on order and wheels came off this morning.

No Wheels.jpg

I was happy to see the grease from the last tire change was still hanging around on the splines and drive pins.

Drive Hub.jpg

I always ran my tires within 2psi of maximum pressure as listed on the sidewall, but I guess nothing lasts for ever. Front wasn't too bad, but it is getting replaced as a set. Rear one is pretty badly scalloped.

Rear Tire.jpg

Hope to be up and running for the long weekend.

I always ran my tires within 2psi of maximum pressure as listed on the sidewall, but I guess nothing lasts for ever. Front wasn't too bad, but it is getting replaced as a set. Rear one is pretty badly scalloped.

I have completely worn out three or four sets of E 3's (can't remember) and never experienced scalloping or howling. Usually try to keep the pressure at 40 for both but only check it monthly or so unless there is an issue. Would never replace a tire that looked as good as your front one. Way too cheap.

There are times, mostly due to weather changes that a tire could be down by five pounds before it gets noticed. Since I am not overly attentive to my tires, it makes me wonder when I hear of people who experience such problems with theirs. A bit of a puzzler.

I have completely worn out three or four sets of E 3's (can't remember) and never experienced scalloping or howling. Usually try to keep the pressure at 40 for both but only check it monthly or so unless there is an issue. Would never replace a tire that looked as good as your front one. Way too cheap.

There are times, mostly due to weather changes that a tire could be down by five pounds before it gets noticed. Since I am not overly attentive to my tires, it makes me wonder when I hear of people who experience such problems with theirs. A bit of a puzzler.

I been riding mine but keep an eye on my rear Metzler's it is starting to crack around a tread I used to ride to no treads on the dirt bikes and minibikes not sure I would do that on this bike or not... I guess I might if they weren't 8 yr old tires.. but I would still keeping eye on them.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Folded up nice, neat, and compact both mine and wife's new rain gear for storage into the saddlebags. She has the left bag, I have the right and the trunk is to be shared.

By the time she puts her backpack in the trunk there is no room and my right saddle bag has little room because I got tools in there with a foot pump and safety vest. But on what I did today I cruised a back road came to several intersections and finally came up to a T in the road pulled my phone out to see which way to go and well I had phone service but no GPS signal.... Had to manually look at map to see where I was anyone else have this habit of exploring unknown roads..[emoji23]

Guest Jamsie
By the time she puts her backpack in the trunk there is no room and my right saddle bag has little room because I got tools in there with a foot pump and safety vest. But on what I did today I cruised a back road came to several intersections and finally came up to a T in the road pulled my phone out to see which way to go and well I had phone service but no GPS signal.... Had to manually look at map to see where I was anyone else have this habit of exploring unknown roads..[emoji23]

took a road today that was mentioned on a site as a great road , wish i had read a bit more:fiddle: , after 1 mile on this single track road with drainage ditches 3 foot deep:fishin: either side it turned into an 18 mile gravel nightmare :depressed:

took a road today that was mentioned on a site as a great road , wish i had read a bit more:fiddle: , after 1 mile on this single track road with drainage ditches 3 foot deep:fishin: either side it turned into an 18 mile gravel nightmare :depressed:

Um mine used to be gravel the thru tar over it but sounds like the road I was on several overflow spots on the side of the road that are supposed to be good fishing I have a telescoping pole that I bought so I could go fishing while on the bike but problem is haven't figured out where to put fish if I keep any....[emoji229]

On Minn north shore of Lake Superior, campgrounds were full, ranger sent me off to find a forest service campground, he looked at my bike and said um that's about 20 miles of gravel......... No problem, found a very rural boat landing and camped, almost at the boundary waters. Then took a different way out, things went well till I saw the "indian lands" sign. The light rain and a humpy bumpy two track were a bit.... interesting, hard to tell how deep a pot hole is when it's full of water. Was a pretty area though and I made it back to pavement after about 15 miles. Continuing rain washed off most of the mud too!

• 3 weeks later...

After a recent severe left ankle sprain my range of motion was limited and the stock shift lever was in the way of where I wanted to be able to move my foot, so......

DSCN6096.JPG

Got rid of the stock lever and chopped off it's mount, welded some misc. steel I had around onto to an ebay inner pivot. Range/effort is about the same, shift Feeling is BETTER, it lost some the stock slop by eliminating links and pivots

Gives me more options, lets me move my foot in about an inch should be better for cold and wet weather. Also can slide foot back a lot further for "change of position on longer rides. So far very good, will go put a few thousand on it next month....

Next up; chopping about 1" off the right end of the rear brake pedal. also for more foot room.

Edited by gggGary

A couple of days ago I was planning on removing my new crash bars for a paint job. While taking off a few things to get at them I noticed a couple of cracks in the bottom of the right fairing. Thought I should take care of them first and found eight more breaks including a couple of tabs. So much for painting, spent two days fixing the plastic.

Funny thing, after I was done there seems to be more sound coming from the front end. Mostly wind noise but perhaps some engine noise as well. Just a guess but perhaps having the plastic all connected makes for a better sounding board.

Ordered a new rear tire. Came out of work Friday and noticed something odd on the rear tire. It was a screw head. I made it home and unscrewed it. It was about an inch long and probably a #6 screw. Plugged the hole so it is easier to push around the garage until the new tire arrives. Just over 15K on the tire and I would have replaced it this winter anyway. Wanted to see how far it would go as it wasn't to the wear bars yet. Dunlop E3, best tires I have ever run as far as mileage. Never got more than 11K on any rear tire on any bike before, and they were really shot. Ordered same tire from Jake Wilson.