IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

I rode the heck out of her on the twisties around the area, Parked her and went down to the falls to have a look see come back... Where DiD the Venture go?http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109947

After your heart rate came back down you realized it was playing a game of hide and go seek behind the tree! While traveling camping I often leave my bike with everything at remote trail heads while hiking there's always at least a slight worry about burglers.

After your heart rate came back down you realized it was playing a game of hide and go seek behind the tree! While traveling camping I often leave my bike with everything at remote trail heads while hiking there's always at least a slight worry about burglers.
Yep at first thought I came up wrong trail it looks a lot different since I was there last. Its crazy how at certain angles things don't appear as they seem..568ee65ab6c5ea008ac7de5fe4d481c4.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Cleaned off bike table then changed oil. Checked tires out as I will be going to U.S. and they were close to wear bars. Called shop I normally go to(Zdeno recycling) they wanted almost $975can. installed on bike as they do first come no appointment. Also they said that prices were going up shortly.Thought that was a bit steep so I checked with a couple shops and they said from $600 - $800 for the same. So I made appointment and must of mistaken him as I heard him say bring bike in Sat. and he could have it done by Mon. I told him I ride all the time and I could handle a couple days without bike B U T I guess I got it WRONG as he said he had me booked for Tues. (told him I was leaving for the U.S. on Wed. morning) and he discussed it with me----I don't remember that conversation. If he said he had me booked for Tue. I would have taken bike down on Mon. and rode all weekend and got it ready for Wed. morning. Now I have to wait till Tues. put trailer hitch back on and break in new tires before I go. Might have to wait till Thurs. now. Maybe I will have to start recording my conversation from now on like guy at work does.

I was lookin' for an excuse to get out and ride, but a bunch of "honey do" projects was keeping me occupied at home. Then I remembered a new Cycle Gear store opened nearby. I got the key, suited up, and it was "wind in the face time" once again. Whew, gotta do that more often.

Started the process of putting it up for the winter. Done riding for this year..........

You think its a bit early? So do I, but I am still done for the year................

As long as your in a hurry to put your scoot away,, could you please get in really big hurry and knock that infamous flake shaker off its stand in the shed and accidently crush its irreplaceable nozzles so it cant function for a couple years??? Pretty please?? With cheese flavored Rum Balls on top?

P.S. - dont forget to drain the carbs on the ol girl!!!

Started the process of putting it up for the winter. Done riding for this year..........

You think its a bit early? So do I, but I am still done for the year................

Putting up your bike for the winter will not make the :snow2: come any sooner. :nanner:

It will however give you more time to work on the Venture fuel injection system. :thumbsup2:

As long as your in a hurry to put your scoot away,, could you please get in really big hurry and knock that infamous flake shaker off its stand in the shed and accidently crush its irreplaceable nozzles so it cant function for a couple years??? Pretty please?? With cheese flavored Rum Balls on top?

P.S. - dont forget to drain the carbs on the ol girl!!!

Putting up your bike for the winter will not make the :snow2: come any sooner. :nanner:

It will however give you more time to work on the Venture fuel injection system. :thumbsup2:

Now that you both mentioned it, with the bike put to bed, I will not have much else to think about other than. :snow2:

There is always that 60° snow that Puc keeps harassing me to make for him...........

I have never drained carbs, but I have always filled the tank with ethanol free gas loaded with Seafoam and Stabil. Its been working for a half century for me.

I let mine take a nap, BUt I forgot to get out of the way first, Now I have just one functional Achilles tendon left...........

What a treat waking one of these beasts up from a nap with just one functional leg and while on crutches.

At least I'm taken a nap when mine decided to take a nap. Im safe in my bed didn't hear nothing cpt rain on the window..[emoji23]

Happened over several days, but trike is taking a nap. Been a busy summer, so had much to do. Changed oil and all filters. Checked fluid levels and tire air pressures. Filled with conditioned fuel. Installed Dion's ignition switch bypass relay. Put dielectric grease on lower connectors and fuses. Greased trike fittings. Charged battery. Ordered touch-up paint. Gave trike a good washing. Put trike to sleep under cover. Would like to go for a nice ride at foliage time. Mid September, we are going to use our cage to visit long time friends in Madison, WI.

Happened over several days, but trike is taking a nap. Been a busy summer, so had much to do. Changed oil and all filters. Checked fluid levels and tire air pressures. Filled with conditioned fuel. Installed Dion's ignition switch bypass relay. Put dielectric grease on lower connectors and fuses. Greased trike fittings. Charged battery. Ordered touch-up paint. Gave trike a good washing. Put trike to sleep under cover. Would like to go for a nice ride at foliage time. Mid September, we are going to use our cage to visit long time friends in Madison, WI.

Make sure to wave as you go past my house on the way to Madison.

Bought it! 2000 Royal Star Venture in red. Saw it on Craigslist, emailed back and forth with Orlin, wnet south today to "look" at it, turned into the drive, saw his sign, and knew I was going to buy it even without starting it. Anybody that puts a sign in his yard that says he details bikes has to enjoy them as well, right?

Took her for a spin, got more tips from Orlin, and headed back north 100 miles in the misty drizzle. You know what? I didn't even notice. I did have the wet knees I';d read about here while doing the research on the Ventures.

Orlin, thanks for parting with her. I promise to come back down and go for the ride we talked about. If not this fall, definitely in the spring. Hopefully, your wife has forgiven you by then for selling her favorite bike to me, but I enjoyed the ride home. The last 60 miles my nephew rode along for his first ride ever. We just got back and I asked him what he thought. "I want one but a bit smaller" What did you enjoy the most? "The sights and the smells."

00J0J_6kb7s7Gj0me_1200x900 4.jpg

Edited by speterson

Bought it! 2000 Royal Star Venture in red. Saw it on Craigslist, emailed back and forth with Orlin, wnet south today to "look" at it, turned into the drive, saw his sign, and knew I was going to buy it even without starting it. Anybody that puts a sign in his yard that says he details bikes has to enjoy them as well, right?

Took her for a spin, got more tips from Orlin, and headed back north 100 miles in the misty drizzle. You know what? I didn't even notice. I did have the wet knees I';d read about here while doing the research on the Ventures.

Orlin, thanks for parting with her. I promise to come back down and go for the ride we talked about. If not this fall, definitely in the spring. Hopefully, your wife has forgiven you by then for selling her favorite bike to me, but I enjoyed the ride home. The last 60 miles my nephew rode along for his first ride ever. We just got back and I asked him what he thought. "I want one but a bit smaller" What did you enjoy the most? "The sights and the smells."

Farm country air? Those are the best take me back to the farm...