IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Had my Ultimate rider seat replaced on my 2006 RSTD.

I had talked to Des (Ultimate owner) at Daytona bike week last year told him at 107 K miles it was showing wear (just the rider seat as this is my solo bike).

He gave me a good price on recovering. Called down to Dave and he honored the price + return ship.

I got the new seat in two days. He had me send the old seat as a core and as soon as they got it Libby credited my card with $135.

Looks new,,, well it is. Really impressed with how fast they shipped and great customer service, even while most were at Americade.

I also have a full Ultimate set on my Goldwing trike.

Mike G in SC

Starting Sunday I synced the carbs after a rebuild earlier, yesterday I put the air plenum back on and removed the Carb tune hoses and replaced the vacuum hoses, and today I drained the final drive and oil. Tomorrow I will replace oil and Hypoid gear oil. The brake and clutch fluid follows and then drain and replace the engine coolant. A super clean on engine and body and all is good for the next 50k.

:farmer:

Sylvester got the super clean this morning starting at 5:30 AM, super degreaser on all motor and under frame, then white walls cleaned including wheels, then body with gentle soap. All leather (I have a lot) cleaned and oiled. WOW after sitting for a year it looked new. Fired it up and went for a hundred mile ride, all worked great except for a hard rear brake. Will bleed all systems and replace pads as needed.

:farmer:

... all worked great except for a hard rear brake. Will bleed all systems and replace pads as needed.
When doing that don't forget to clean the pistons. Popping them all the way out is the absolute best way and doesn't take too much extra time.

"hard" and binding when hot, brake or clutch is usually a clogged relief port in the master cylinder, it's tiny and easily plugged. Has happened to me on various bikes, front, rear brakes, and clutch, my life is SO interesting.

Packed it for a camping trip out west, leave tomorrow.

OUTSTANDING GARY!! Hope you have an amazing time out there CTFW!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Headed that way real soon too!! Dont tell Murph but probably by mid week!! GOBS of prep!! Lots of fun finally being out in the fresh air and sunshine!! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE, SMELL, TASTE and BREATH the deserts and mountains again = YEEEEE HAWWW!!!

OUTSTANDING GARY!! Hope you have an amazing time out there CTFW!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Headed that way real soon too!! Dont tell Murph but probably by mid week!! GOBS of prep!! Lots of fun finally being out in the fresh air and sunshine!! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE, SMELL, TASTE and BREATH the deserts and mountains again = YEEEEE HAWWW!!!

I'm just a piker cowpuc but I had a good time. We trailered out to Kalispell was a tight fit but it went well, then I headed south and into Idaho, back through Wyoming and home 2500 miles in 5 days. The RSV is the most comfortable bike I've ever put miles on. Stock seat with a sheepskin and a SLIGHTLY inflated neck pillow under it. a backrest, longer risers and some ginned up soft grips was it. Was great seeing the sights even if the original trip got really messed up, (my fault, expired passport, oops) Got up in wyoming the third day and got chased over a pass by a cage, we were making GOOD time through the curves, then hit the freeway, hammer down 80MPH east from Buffalo, next services, Gillette about 65 miles. Part way, I started getting a hunting weave, a bit of experiment and it had negative stability, without intervention it would have gone bad. Slowed a bit to 70MPH and kept going all the way to Gillette, pulled off for gas and it was wobbling in the parking lot. The rear tire was near completely flat. Next gas station had air but it was on the rim in 5 minutes. Found a puncture in the tread, I carry a plug kit so 20 minutes later I was good to go. Ran 60 then 70 and soon was back up to 80 and ran the speed limit 1200 miles home. No more weave!

20170628_180008.jpg20170625_170202.jpg20170629_134231.jpg

Camping rig, the bikes on the trailer (ground was angled it wasn't ole lard a$$ tilting it!) and looking down into Jackson Wyoming. Got a bit damp that day.

I'm just a piker cowpuc but I had a good time. We trailered out to Kalispell was a tight fit but it went well, then I headed south and into Idaho, back through Wyoming and home 2500 miles in 5 days. The RSV is the most comfortable bike I've ever put miles on. Stock seat with a sheepskin and a SLIGHTLY inflated neck pillow under it. a backrest, longer risers and some ginned up soft grips was it. Was great seeing the sights even if the original trip got really messed up, (my fault, expired passport, oops) Got up in wyoming the third day and got chased over a pass by a cage, we were making GOOD time through the curves, then hit the freeway, hammer down 80MPH east from Buffalo, next services, Gillette about 65 miles. Part way, I started getting a hunting weave, a bit of experiment and it had negative stability, without intervention it would have gone bad. Slowed a bit to 70MPH and kept going all the way to Gillette, pulled off for gas and it was wobbling in the parking lot. The rear tire was near completely flat. Next gas station had air but it was on the rim in 5 minutes. Found a puncture in the tread, I carry a plug kit so 20 minutes later I was good to go. Ran 60 then 70 and soon was back up to 80 and ran the speed limit 1200 miles home. No more weave!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109582http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109583http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=109585

Camping rig, the bikes on the trailer (ground was angled it wasn't ole lard a$$ tilting it!) and looking down into Jackson Wyoming. Got a bit damp that day.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - we DEFINITELY done got blessed by God himself with a GORGEOUS country didnt we brother? That Jackson Wyoming mountain storm pic is nothing short of FANTASTIC!! Those Tetons and that mountain range out there are endlessly BEAUTIFUL but, as proven in your amazing picture - totally unpredicable!! Makes my throttle hand twitch and heart throb to head that way my friend to my part in helping tame em... SOON,, very very soon!!

Thanks or sharing your ride my friend!

Ya done did good IMHO!!

Puc

Not today but finished a little over a week ago on a Friday.

Lowered front with Race Tech lowering kit including Gold Valve.

Rewired some existing electrics, installed relay for passing lights, rerouted some wires for HID, motolights, and USB/charger

Installed Clearview windshield

Replaced damaged fairing, front part only.

Flushed brakes and clutch. Man, they were filthy fluid looked like coffee.

The next morning I took it for a test ride. I met up with two buddies in Denver. Good BS and then ended up at Bear Tooth Pass. Returned home in 6 days for 3200 miles.

Last week replaced stock grips with ISO grips.

Yesteday, added a MicMute. Not working but think it was operator error since I was pushing the PTT and holding it in while testing. I believe I need to press for 1-3 seconds, release and then talk, press again to turn off mics.

Also tried to add a Y cable to the Aux Stereo jack. The Y cable I had, had a male RCA end...didn't work so ordered one with Mini plug from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow.

Finally, I took the plastic chrome trim piece that goes on the bottom of the windshield and painted the plastic tabs with JB Weld Epoxy. I hope this adds enough strength to keep them from breaking.

Finally, I took the plastic chrome trim piece that goes on the bottom of the windshield and painted the plastic tabs with JB Weld Epoxy. I hope this adds enough strength to keep them from breaking.
The trim pieces should not be breaking. There should be shoulder bolts in there so they can be tightened without stressing the plastic.

I noticed one of the fork tubes was really ratty looking. So I got some wet/dry sandpaper and a bucket of water and took to sanding away at it.
Nice!! :thumbsup2:

Now that you have had some practice I have two fork tubes that look ratty and could use your help. :smile5:

installed Progressive springs in the forks of my 83' today. all buttoned up and went for a quick rip on some backroads to test. these springs are probably the best bang for your buck upgrade for these bikes, I am now a believer!! with these and and wind screen I am ready for he Ontario meet next week