IGNORED

Grappy front brakes

For the last 4 thousand miles or so, front brakes on my 99 Venture Royale have been grapping badly making the front brake very hard to use. Pulled the brake pads to day and there is plenty of pad left but they are very glazed over and seem very hard. bought the bike a few years ago these pads were on the bike, do not know what brand or type they are. I have sanded the glaze off . Was wondering of any one else has had this problem. Have been thinking of just replacing them with the EBC Semi Sintered V pads any ideas or suggestions.

I have scuffed up the brake pads and lightly scuffed the rotors and the front brake is better. Next step is to change the brake fluid. do not know how long that fluid has been in the lines. The fluid in the sight glass has darken some what so that is the next step. Will let every know what happens. Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished changing clutch and brake fluid and front brake feels better not grabing as much. I think I will also replace the front pads in a effort to get rid if the crabbing front brakes. Any suggestions on which pads would be best to use.