IGNORED

wolo bad boy

I had Larry's bracket and wiring harness. Great quality and nice fit. Made swapping out the stock horn very easy.

I went to dual horns so removed the Stebel from the stock location and put the OEM horn back on. I got brackets from SlowRollWV that put the horns behind and below the passenger floor boards. I modified the wiring from Larry. SlowRollWV makes several parts for the RSV (carb covers, twinkie covers, passing light spacer, clutch bleeder cover.....).

When I first got my RSTD, did not know about Larry's bracket and harness. Heck, didn't know about VR!

So, did it my self. I used a 2" single hole corner brace from Lowes (enlarged the holes). see below. And wired manually with a relay.

The original brace did crack. But, hey, it was a 4 pack & quickly fashioned another.

But when I got my RSV, got harness and the stainless bracket from Larry. Looks better, won't crack and harness made it quick and easy.

And, I did unplug the left horn (maybe removed it, not sure?). You can't hear it over the air horn, only serves to drain juice. Stupid place for one anyhow.

Lowes brace:

bracket.jpg

Edited by Mike G in SC

Dion, Cause it's like having Pavarotti, backed up by Alvin the Chipmunk. Can't hear it and don't want to. (Sorry Alvin,,,, ALVIN!)

Try this test. Unplug your right side horn (one lead) then honk. Goes Poooooo,,,,t

Being inside the cowling makes it pretty insignificant. Someone more electrical might tell you if it is stealing juice from the Bad Boy (or Stebel in my case).

Some folks have mounted a second air horn over there.

I mounted my Stebel up front. I figured it would put it a little closer to the possible offender. Took old horn out and installed air horn. Then a few months back I found this pretty loud "beep" type horn from sick speed. It works pretty dang good in conjunction with the stebel.

Stebel-location-1-web.jpg

Sick-Speed-horn-web.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I actually had 2 stebel types for awhile. Then horn on the truck died so I moved one over there. Thats when I added the black sick speed on the right side. Its a "beeper" type but it does make a good bit of noise, says like 130 DB.