I purchased a mounting bar and passing lamp off of E-bay for my 08 RSV. Either I have over looked the instructions or they didn't send any. I am an electrician so the electrical part is no problem. I'm looking for the mechainical instructions. I've searched for a thread with mechanical instructions and didn't find any. Found a lot on the electrical side.....that doesn't mean there isn't one, I just couldn't find it. My questions are:

1. How do I incorporate the blinkers?

2. Exactly where does it mount?

3. Mechanically, how much time should I plan on spending mounting the lights?

Any advise would be appreciated....

Thanks!!

The blinkers mount rite under the passing lamps on the same bar, the bar mounts rite under the headlite using the 2 bolt holes that are there. The mechanical part doesnt take very long, its the wiring that takes some time. You should get a spacer block for the lite bar, I think BMW, a member here still makes them or there may be others who do. It will enable you to take the fairing off without removing the lite bar next time. Also be carefull to route the wires away from steering head locks as they pinch and cut easily. If I can do it anybody can:080402gudl_prv: Craig

The blinkers mount rite under the passing lamps on the same bar, the bar mounts rite under the headlite using the 2 bolt holes that are there. The mechanical part doesnt take very long, its the wiring that takes some time. You should get a spacer block for the lite bar, I think BMW, a member here still makes them or there may be others who do. It will enable you to take the fairing off without removing the lite bar next time. Also be carefull to route the wires away from steering head locks as they pinch and cut easily. If I can do it anybody can:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Everything he said except you really don't need the spacer bar, there are 2 spacers and longer bolts with the kit and with those installed all you have to do is loosen the bar a little bit to take the fairing off. Your choice. Don't forget to get a light relay and wire into the system

another thing - the green wire in the fairing IS NOT a ground - don't ask how I know:bang head:

Almost forgot - I still hve the instruction sheet and can copy it and email if you want it

I purchased a mounting bar and passing lamp off of E-bay for my 08 RSV. Either I have over looked the instructions or they didn't send any. I am an electrician so the electrical part is no problem. I'm looking for the mechainical instructions. I've searched for a thread with mechanical instructions and didn't find any. Found a lot on the electrical side.....that doesn't mean there isn't one, I just couldn't find it. My questions are:

1. How do I incorporate the blinkers?

2. Exactly where does it mount?

3. Mechanically, how much time should I plan on spending mounting the lights?

Any advise would be appreciated....

Thanks!!

#2 - You have to pull the plastic 'chrome' cover off the center of the turn signal bar and remove that bar. You will no longer use that particular bar. You also need to remove the W/S and the front of the fairing.

#3 - you might want to figure a couple hours, soldering, wiring etc.

#1 - the blinkers mount directly under the lamps using the supplied hardware.

Be Happy to email the instruction sheet(s) there are 5 of them.

#2 - You have to pull the plastic 'chrome' cover off the center of the turn signal bar and remove that bar. You will no longer use that particular bar. You also need to remove the W/S and the front of the fairing.

Thanks for the info. I think with the instructions you have already given me, I might be able to get them installed. I am goiing to attempt this Sat morning. If I run into any issues, I'l give you a shout........Thanks a bunch!

Thank you Adventure for sending me the instructions. I go them installed last night. I ran a fused power source from the battery and through a relay for the lights. I switched power off of the accessories plug for the coil on the relay......thanks again!!

I bought lamps and the mount,from Ebay.After reading the instructions i almost feel like taking it to a dealer(75.00) to install.Should i try it myself im not a mechanic or electrician.I just dont want to screw it up...the guys at my job offered to help...

I bought lamps and the mount,from Ebay.After reading the instructions i almost feel like taking it to a dealer(75.00) to install.Should i try it myself im not a mechanic or electrician.I just dont want to screw it up...the guys at my job offered to help...

I'll tell you what - if I can do it and make it work ( with help from the guys here) anybody can do it.

If need be, give me a call - we can talk about it :thumbsup:

you know, on second thought, look around for another Venture rider nearby and collaborate. It might even make for a nice ride to somebody's garage for an install session.

If we were closer, I'd help you do it at my place since I've got all the necessary tools.

In my opinion, anyone with a minimal amount of mechanical skill can do it. Adventure sent me some instructions and after briefly skimming over them, I started the install and never referred back to them. As far as electrical, most recommend running the lights through a relay that would have to be purchased separately. There is a thread on here with a good wiring diagram if using a relay. ti really wasn't that difficult.