IGNORED

reassembly of the 96 questions?

cam..jpgokay checked the decks and the head for warpage both are in tolerance. the chain , cam sprockets and other top end parts look good. very minor carbon build up. So I beginning reassembly. Now I did it on this bike 5 years ago.. but then I had a shop a lift lights on stand air tools assemble tables parts washer bead blaster and a place to leave everything out for a few days. Now I have a few hours a day, before the light goes and the neighbors get cranky and I have to put every thing away. no compressor but I do have a lift.

I know I went through this before, but the shop manual is kind of iffy on some details, and my memory is contradicting the manual any way. does any one have a better sequence of drawing or pictures of the assemble process? I'm stuck with the timing chain dampers!! according to the manual the two piece dampers (*see 5 in pic) are on the carb side of both heads. and the single piece chain guide is on the outside or exhaust end of the head. however the cam tensior adjusters are both on the rear edge of the head or on the rear head under the exhaust on the front head under the carbs. that just doesn't make sense to me, and my memory is foggy enough that i'm not sure any more, the polish marks from the plastic tensioner in the head would seem to agree with me. But the issue is I can't get enough slack in the chain to install the cams now, so do I pull the head off again and move the tensioner or am I missing something?