IGNORED

96 a model help please

I've posted before about my son, getting my old bike. Well it blew a radiaotr hose a while back, he fixed then another blew he fixed that I informed him that he needed to change them all. Well he blew another one on the way to a remote location HAHA by the time he got it off the interstate it had of course gotten really hot. The bike stalled DUH. It is now leaking oil profusely. I havent seen the bike, its on a flat bed on the way to my place.....What am i looking at head gasket? or something worse?

There are just to many possibilities to list.

It depends on just how hot he got it for how long.

Did he shut it down or did he ride till it sized up.

It could need anything from a seal or gasket to a new engine or anywhere in between.

Good luck with what you will find.

okay so the bike starts and runs! yea!!!! Oil is oozing not pouring out of the gap between the head and the jug. I've had the heads of this beast years ago. I even have a dealer head gasket in the tool box! If I remember correctly the only bear was timing it. There is/was a footnote on the one page of the service manual, saying that I had to rotate the crank or something when timing the rear cylinder, but that line wasn't in the main text. well waiting for the flatbed to arrive here. I guess my weekend project is all set! gonna do a cooling system flush and replace all the hoses while its torn down, and maybe take a stab at the neutral/side stand interlock (bike wont run in neutral with the kick stand down anymore) may even do the J -mod while I have the carbs off

• 3 weeks later...

Update and question if I may. So got rocking on the job. the front head gasket (not the one I replaced before) seems to be the problem. This is the issue the gaskets is 3 metal layers and 5 paper layers from the factory kinda like a club sandwhich, paper metal paper metal paper metal paper. All the paper is gone POOF no remnents at all! Just the three metal leaves. I pulled the radiator and hooked up the garden hose and tighted a clamp, when i turned on the water it puked out about 1 or 1 1/2 cups of whitish yellow pulp then some rust then clear water. what would make the gasket behave in this mannner?