I have had 3. First I made a bracket similar to the Venture bracket and mounted an aftermarket Harley tourpak on it. That worked for extra space but looked like an add on. Then I purchased a very nice Honda Goldwing truck from someone on Venturerider already painted to match my RSTD. I had that for about a year until I ran across the right deal on a Venture trunk already painted the blue / black of my 2008 RSTD. That is what I have now. I have added an LED strip for turn signal / parking light just to get some light up a little higher. The Venture trunk is smaller but it is shaped in the right way to appear original to the bike. Of course, there is never enough space. We now pull a trailer too!!

I have had 3. First I made a bracket similar to the Venture bracket and mounted an aftermarket Harley tourpak on it. That worked for extra space but looked like an add on. Then I purchased a very nice Honda Goldwing truck from someone on Venturerider already painted to match my RSTD. I had that for about a year until I ran across the right deal on a Venture trunk already painted the blue / black of my 2008 RSTD. That is what I have now. I have added an LED strip for turn signal / parking light just to get some light up a little higher. The Venture trunk is smaller but it is shaped in the right way to appear original to the bike. Of course, there is never enough space. We now pull a trailer too!!

Do you still have the Goldwing trunk. I also have the blue on black 2008 RSTD. If you still have it, would you consider selling it?

I have a Premeux on my 06 RSMTD. I can't provide costs etc., because it was there when I bought the bike about a year ago. It's pretty light weight, but I'm very happy with it.

It looks like a Harley Tour Pack trunk, (without the lights). I've added a chrome "Harley Tour Pack" luggage rack, and it looks like it belongs on the bike.

I haven't added lights to it yet because I'm looking for something not too expensive which will work as brake/signal lights and won't show unless they're in operation. (I already have those Harley brake/tail-lights with the chrome licence plate thing.)

Peter

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking of adding a king size Mutazu trunk on my luggage rack, keeping the RSTD luggage rack and sissy bar and passenger back rest. The Mutazu trunk comes with back rest, I was thinking of leaving it off, and mounting the trunk as close to the sissy bar as I can. It's side opening like a tour pak.

Or...I could get a forward opening trunk, but would have to cut off my RSTD sissy bar to accommodate it. Any thoughts?