IGNORED

Cleaning up the look?

Done some little mods that I think improve the look some. Removed the rear crash guards. Removed the brackets over the rear cylinders (Much cleaner I think but you have to shorten the chrome valve cover fastener to make it work). Deleted the rear reflector and lowered the license plate using the bracket for the inspection sticker. Need to order a chrome license plate frame now.

Just my :2cents: , but when it falls over, and sooner or later it will :whistling:, you are gonna miss the rear crash bars...

Otherwise, Lookin' GOOOOD !!!

Did you just jinx me?????:depressed:

I did consider that, willing to risk it. First bike I ever had with rear crash bars anyway! At least the crash bars won't get scratched!!

Removing extra dead weight is always good !! Not sure I agree on removeing the crash bars though ?? :detective: But, have to admit, I like the look.

Removeing the AIS system, will pull off another about 5 lb.

Also, if you " do not " use the Heel Shifter, thats another 1/2 lb. to cut off.

I only ride SOLO, so pulled off the Pass Seat, and Pass foot boards also.

And put an OEM Luggage rack at the Pass position.

But hey. I like what you have done, Looks good !!

Ken,

I see your in Houston, I'm going to try and get our Meet & Eat schedule back on track in '14. Keep an eye out for our get togethers, Kregerdoodle has the annual spring maintenance day in April at his place in Waller.

Hopefully you can get hooked up with us at one of the events, nice looking bike btw :thumbsup2:

Ken,

I see your in Houston, I'm going to try and get our Meet & Eat schedule back on track in '14. Keep an eye out for our get togethers, Kregerdoodle has the annual spring maintenance day in April at his place in Waller.

Hopefully you can get hooked up with us at one of the events, nice looking bike btw :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the schedule.

The bags are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace and without the bars they will get destroyed when you drop it.......and believe me YOU WILL drop it at some point. In a parking lot on an angle with a little gravel under foot trying to back up and wamo it is on it's side. Not trying to jinx you just warning you because it will happen at some point if you rdie it.

All that and it still won't be as fast as a 1st Gen.......:stirthepot:

WELCOME!!

All sport bikes 600 cc and over are faster than a 1st gen Venture. I worked for a Yamaha dealer in 1987 and rode the 84 thru 86's so I know they are faster than my RSTD.

I wouldn't ride an 800 pound elephant and ride two up if I wanted to race. But I do ride with my uncle who has a Valkyrie with pipes and jetted carbs so yea, I want to quicken mine up a bit.

I posted some pictures of bikes I have owned over the years. Don't have any of the GS 1100 or GS 750 or SECA 750. Feel free to tell me which ones you can outrun.:stickinouttounge:

Do you want to sell those old crash bars? I am looking for a couple.

Mike

I'm on the fence about selling the factory take off's, pipes, seats and crash bars included.

What are they worth to you? I honestly don't have any idea what they cost new. I'll have to look.

The bags are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace and without the bars they will get destroyed when you drop it.......and believe me YOU WILL drop it at some point. In a parking lot on an angle with a little gravel under foot trying to back up and wamo it is on it's side. Not trying to jinx you just warning you because it will happen at some point if you rdie it.

I appreciate the heads-up and concern. I did weigh that out before taking them off. I just like the look enough to risk it. I have full coverage on it and a reasonable deductable.

Like the looks. It is cleaner

I would not risk it myself but....it is your scoot so go ahead and set it up the way YOU like it:backinmyday:

As far as the HD knock-off comments...welll....on the HD the part fall off on their own so....:rotf::rotf:

:322:

Most require side reflectors also. However this bike does look good!

Well, this one passed inspection in 2012 (at a major inspection station). :confused24:

There is no requirement for side reflectors, (now I'll remove the ones on the front forks) but there is for the back. I'll get creative here, as the size and location is not specified.

But this is what the Texas DPS site says:

What's Inspected by Vehicle Type

Items of Inspection for a Motorcycle and Motor-Driven Cycle

05.07 Inspect Every Motorcycle and Motor-Driven Cycle For: (listed in suggested order of inspection)

* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility

1. Horn

2. Mirror

3. Steering

4. Brakes (system)

5. Tires

6. Wheel Assembly

7. Exhaust System

8. Tail Lamp (1)

9. Stop Lamp (1)

10. License Plate Lamp

11. Rear Red Reflector (1)

12. Head Lamp (1)

13. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number

Definitions:

Motorcycle: Every motor vehicle having a saddle for the use of the rider and designed to propel itself with not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excluding a tractor.

Done some little mods that I think improve the look some. Removed the rear crash guards. Removed the brackets over the rear cylinders (Much cleaner I think but you have to shorten the chrome valve cover fastener to make it work). Deleted the rear reflector and lowered the license plate using the bracket for the inspection sticker. Need to order a chrome license plate frame now.
Hmm I just added the crash bars to mine, I thought it added to the look myself, But that's whats cool about this whole bike thing, I'm glad they don't all look the same, how boring would that be!

Hmm I just added the crash bars to mine, I thought it added to the look myself, But that's whats cool about this whole bike thing, I'm glad they don't all look the same, how boring would that be!

RIGHT! it it comes with it, TAKE if off and it didn't then we have to add it! :confused:

Looks good, notice you have 4-2-4 pipes did you remove the baffles? If so how hard was it?

I run the bike with baffles in. Only takes 5 minutes to remove them and IT SOUNDS AWESOME! Very much like a healthy V-8. Downside is that it is so loud it hurts (literally hurts my ears with a helmet on) to ride at highway speeds and the power in the mid and upper RPM ranges is way off so the bike is significantly slower without the baffles.

Been thinking about why the noise is so loud. Compared with the Victory I have posted pics of there is no contest as which one is louder going down the road. No sure why as the pipes on RSTD are all the way in the back of the bike and the Victory pipes are by the rider.

Possibly the pitch?