IGNORED

Spark Plug Change

Well, I finally got around to changing out the plugs. Only 10 k on the 07 RSTD but the book calls for change at 8k. Called several shops; they wanted to charge between

$100 and $125 plus parts---wow! Went down to local auto supply and a purchased 4 new plugs for a bit over $10. Took off the tank and was able to get at the plugs--not too bad at all! She actually started right off----:thumbsup:

Mine has almost 19k miles on em...I'm gonna run em till the 26k mile valve adjustment. Seems like everyone has problems after they change them. Seems like there's always one that goes bad is or bad. I will say, it runs very smooth and fuel mileage still avg's around 37 to 40 mpg.

changed the plugs in mine, this weekend. Bike has 21,500 miles on it and I don't know when or if the P.O. changed them. The 1st three I took out looked all but new. No discoloration or deposits on them. The last one (left front cylinder) looked just fine except for a dark brown discoloration on the insulator right next to the electrode tip. I went ahead and replaced all four plugs, just 'cause I had the new ones. Can't say the engine runs any better, 'cause it was running fine before.

BTW, I won't have to worry about stripping the two front tank mounting bolt allen heads, anymore, thanks to Ace Hardware.